To The Clouds and Beyond! | Cloud's Diary

08/09/2016

Thanks for the congratulations, guys, but I really don't deserve them. I was doing so well today, right on track...and then one of my guinea pigs got sick, and I was stressed and sad and I ate three donuts and I feel so sick and bloated, it's awful. I'm going to get an early night tonight, and be up early tomorrow for a healthy breakfast and plenty of water, and hopefully I won't throw up in the meantime. I guess my body's starting to adjust, and my stupid slip-up with all that processed fat and sugar was too much for it...that's a good thing, right?

Hi Cloud,

well done on the weight loss, that's great :)

sorry to hear about your guinea pig, hope it gets better soon. please dont beat yourself up about the donuts, look at it as something to learn from, you know what a horrible feeling it was to feel bloated and sick so next time you feel down remember it. if you feel the need to comfort eat, maybe look at why. I've used food for the wrong reasons for years, its only now at age 31 that I'm dealing with it and becoming aware. you could work out how many calories the donuts were and do some extra exercise to burn them off :) goodnight

x x

Firstly you deserve all the congratulations you got on your weight loss- you did amazingly well. So don't sell yourself short.
Secondly I hope your little guinea pig is feeling better- it can be very upsetting when pets get sick so fingers crossed everything is okay.
And finally you ate the donuts and you recognised after eating them just how crap they made you feel? Well that is a great result, you can really learn from this experience. I know it doesn't probably feel like it but turn this experience around. The next time you feel like having a couple of donuts remind yourself just how bloated and crappy you felt after these ones and ask yourself do I really want to feel like that again? Is this processed ball of sugar really going to make me feel better? You sound like you have a really positive approach to life and that you really want the best for your body. Keep in your positive frame of mind and just put the donuts down to one of those things that happened.
Hope today was a good day for you

X

Yaaaaay well done on your WI. And can I tell you a secret? I often have a little cheat day on WI in day and if you're back on it the next day, it's not the end of the world :) and if you stick to plan for the rest of the week you still see losses (I know, I'm AWFUL at recommending that on this forum). Treats are good sometimes, we would be pretty miserable if we didn't have some treats.. so enjoy tonight and tomorrow is a new day :) xx

I guess you're right, it's good to have a treat sometimes, and it's so nice to know I'm not the only one, so thank you for that :). I certainly intend to stay on-plan for the rest of the week, and my fingers are crossed for another good loss (for both of us actually ;))! x

Hi Cloud,

well done on the weight loss, that's great :)

sorry to hear about your guinea pig, hope it gets better soon. please dont beat yourself up about the donuts, look at it as something to learn from, you know what a horrible feeling it was to feel bloated and sick so next time you feel down remember it. if you feel the need to comfort eat, maybe look at why. I've used food for the wrong reasons for years, its only now at age 31 that I'm dealing with it and becoming aware. you could work out how many calories the donuts were and do some extra exercise to burn them off :) goodnight

x x

Thank you Jenny, Honey is doing a lot better today :). That's really what I needed to hear, I won't be forgetting that experience in a hurry. I hate the sensation of nausea and bloating, it's one of the worst feelings for me. I'm trying not to beat myself up, and just like you said I'm going to learn from it, and move on in the knowledge that my overeating for comfort really isn't working. I wonder why eating brings us comfort? Do you think it's an evolutionary thing? I'm planning a hardcore cardio session tomorrow to get rid of those donuts, thanks for the idea :)! x

Firstly you deserve all the congratulations you got on your weight loss- you did amazingly well. So don't sell yourself short.
Secondly I hope your little guinea pig is feeling better- it can be very upsetting when pets get sick so fingers crossed everything is okay.
And finally you ate the donuts and you recognised after eating them just how crap they made you feel? Well that is a great result, you can really learn from this experience. I know it doesn't probably feel like it but turn this experience around. The next time you feel like having a couple of donuts remind yourself just how bloated and crappy you felt after these ones and ask yourself do I really want to feel like that again? Is this processed ball of sugar really going to make me feel better? You sound like you have a really positive approach to life and that you really want the best for your body. Keep in your positive frame of mind and just put the donuts down to one of those things that happened.
Hope today was a good day for you

X

Honey was much happier this morning, it's a weight off my mind for sure :). Thanks for your help, I may write that down somewhere if that's alright by you? Weight loss aside, I really want to break the habit of binge eating and comforting myself with food, and I'd love to have what you said to hand when I need it, tucked away in a pocket or something. Because you're right, they're just a ball of processed sugar. A donut can't change how I feel or think. Only I can do that, and I can do it so much better if I'm not sick and miserable. Thank you, thank you, thank you :D x

I10/09/2016

Thank you so much, I know I've replied to you all properly individually, but your kind words and advice made me feel so much happier and more positive, and today's been a lot better. Way, way better.

Enter reason number one...

fe43rp.jpg

...this is Dave! Last year we lost our elderly tabby cat Gizmo, which was devastating as we'd had her for around sixteen years, and then a few weeks ago we decided we were finally ready for a new cat. So we went to the RSPCA (this is his photo from their website, I didn't take it) and decided to adopt the sweetest, most playful little cat, with a smudge on his nose and a very sad story - I didn't mention it before in case anything went wrong. We had our home check on Monday, and today we were at last able to bring him home! Isn't he adorable?!

Honey the guinea pig is doing a lot better, by the way - it was just a vitamin deficiency, which caused some very worrying symptoms (listlessness, floppy ears, zoned-out periods where she wouldn't respond to anything, and a little internal bleeding), but is easily treatable with a little dietary adjustment. Thank you for your concern though, she sends guinea pig kisses to you all ;)!

Today I made the decision to skip breakfast, because I went to a raw chocolate tasting event at the local health food shop, and because raw chocolate doesn't contain all the processed sugar and additives of normal chocolate, just a little is very filling and satisfying. I met some awesome people there and made a couple of friends, and the raw chocolate was delicious - if you're interested, look up Pana Chocolate; in my opinion the best flavors were sour cherry and vanilla, fig and wild orange, and their latest creation, pineapple and ginger, but there are so many more and they're all delicious :p (I sound like they've paid me to say this xD I just genuinely loved the brand, and it's so good for satisfying chocolate cravings!). So I had that, and honestly I don't feel guilty, I had about three little tiny cubes in each flavor, truly savored with a cup of delicious coffee, and I made a sacrifice elsewhere in my food plan to enjoy them, rather than desperately shoveling in custard donuts at the end of the day.

Then we come to lunch. And my options were a jam sandwich or instant noodles. That was literally all we had in. So I opted for the jam sandwich, because I figured that at least the wholemeal bread would have some nutrients in it o_O.

This afternoon we went to pick up Dave ( :eek:::D:p:):kitty:), and let him settle in whilst I went to the supermarket with dad and F to get some actual healthy food; highlights include bran flakes, plain soya yogurt and strawberries (breakfast tomorrow, maybe?). Since then, I've just been working on my website and CV, and popping down to see how Dave's doing every so often. For dinner we had vegan pulled pork burgers, some kale from the garden that is so much more palatable when steamed, and a handful of potato wedges. I didn't quite meet my water goal, and I was closer to 1200 than I was to 1100, but I'm just happy I stayed on track, and I would have been under 1100 if I hadn't had a Nakd bar this evening. I could have gone without it, but I was worried about my lack of fruit and fiber today, and I had enough calories left to eat it and remain under 1200 - worth it for some proper nourishment :).

Day Nine

Breakfast:

N/A (0)

Lunch:

2 Slices of Wholemeal Bread (130)
Sunflower Spread (53)
Raspberry Jam (111)

Dinner:

1 and 1/4 Linda McCartney Pulled Pork Burger (188)
Steamed Kale (36)
Potato Wedges (233)

Snacks:

2 Cups of Coffee (4)
Pana Chocolate (252)
Bakewell Tart Nakd Bar (137)

Total: 1144 :p

Last edited:
10/09/2016

Today's been good, fairly laid-back, I've been to the gym and managed to get some work done, whilst spending plenty of time with Dave. I've made arrangements to go for coffee on Monday with someone from the local vegan group on Facebook, we're going to a health food shop in town so that should be lovely :). Sorry, but I'm quite tired so this post will probably be short and sweet.

Went to the gym to blast off those donuts, it was very satisfying - I did 12:30 minutes on the treadmill, I'm building up on there in the hopes of starting C25K once I've finished the plank challenge (which I'm taking longer than 30 days over, because I need a couple more days before I'm ready to progress up to 45 seconds.) Then 5 minutes on the rowing machine, 5 intense minutes on the cross-trainer and 15 minutes on the bike machine.

Came back, did some work. I had the breakfast I planned yesterday, bran flakes, plain soya yogurt and I strawberry. Nakd have released some new flavours, I didn't know about them until I went to our local shop and they had the new carrot cake bars there, I had to try them! They're amazing, taste just like carrot cake, delicious! F baked some tiny little cupcakes too, she was so proud of herself and she'd chosen a cupcake for each of us, I couldn't say no to her :). They were very small, so I don't feel too bad.

Day Ten

Breakfast:

Bran Flakes (134)
Strawberries (16)
Plain Soya Yogurt (25)

Lunch:

2 Slices Wholemeal Toast (220)
Violife Vegan Cheese (142)
Tomato Ketchup (20)

Dinner:

Veggie Stir-Fry (126)
Wholewheat Noodles (175)

Snacks:

Mini Iced Cupcake (140)
Nakd Carrot Cake Bar (148)
Black Coffee (2)

Total: 1138 :p

how are you getting on? maybe try not to look at it as messing up, and instead look at it as not making the best decision. none of us are perfect and 99.9% of us have the odd thing thats high in calories or not allowed on their diet etc. we're only human and will slip up sometimes.

hope you're ok x x

13/09/2016

So I had a couple of low days, I've not been feeling so great or eating so great either, which is why I haven't been posting. I've done a little better today, gone over my calorie total by a little bit, but not much, and I'm hoping these past few days won't have caused too much damage, although I'm honestly not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in, because I don't think I've done well enough to lose weight this week. Still, I have college tomorrow, and the work there tends to be physical, outdoorsy stuff, so I should get some exercise in at least. Honestly, I don't have a lot to talk about today, I'm kind of tired, so I'll just leave my food for today here:

Day Thirteen

Breakfast

Wholemeal Bread (110)
Vitalite (35)
Fried Egg (90)
2 Cups of Coffee)

Lunch

2 Violife Vegan Cheese Slices (114)
7 Grapes (11)
3 Strawberries (12)
2 Raspberries (2)
Raspberry Cheesecake (271)

Dinner

Granose Meat Free Burger (176)
Carrots (13)
Steamed Cabbage (15)
Roast Potatoes (202)
Chocolate Digestive (83)

Snacks

Brownie Chunk (70)
2 Hobnobs (144)

Total: 1352 :(

We all have low days and it's understandable that you didn't feel like posting. You are not alone, we are all in the same boat, we all want the same thing to be fit and healthy. Keep doing what ever you are able to do. Take it day by day and don't fret so much about weighing day. It's not a test that you have to pass it's just a number on a scales. Remember it is not a measure of the wonderful person you are xxx

15/09/2016

Hey guys, so I just wanted to apologize for how sporadic my posts have been this past week. I've just been so stressed and there's been a lot going on, but I think I've gotten past it by this point, and my weigh-in today went better than expected, which has given me a boost. I've been at home today, I went to the gym, I've cleaned my room a little and I've made my lunch for college tomorrow - not to mention stayed under my calorie goal, so yay!

I just want to crawl into bed now really, so that's probably what I'm going to do.

Day Fifteen

Breakfast

N/A (0)

Lunch

Strawberry Granola (212)
Plain Soya Yogurt (50)

Dinner

Linda McCartney Vegan Pulled Pork Burger (150)
Potato Rostis (226)
Steamed Kale (54)
Homemade Flapjack (260)

Snacks

Vanilla Chai Tea (0)
1/2 Piece of Flapjack (130)

Total: 1152 :p

Back