To those who have done well!

mummy b

Hello,

A question to those of you who have managed to shed the pounds with Dukan Diet, I was wondering if there is a point where you have felt fed up of the restrictions and on the verge of eating carbs?!?! I am only on day 4 of cruise and feel a bit trapped and wondering if this will pass as I keep going or maybe this diet is not for me if I am feeling like this. Is it normal to struggle to keep going? I am enjoying what I am eating on it, but really really miss toast and SpecialK!! i HAVE 30LBS MORE TO LOSE so its a long way to go without these things and it scaresme a bit. I am so determined to slim down and be a yummy mummy,I dont wantto fail

xx

many, many times I have felt like throwing in the towel. There was a point where the thought of eating any more red meat would make me turn green, so I ate more white meat and more fish.

What kept me going all those times when I made pasta dishes for Hubster and my daughter and had none myself was the fact that i knew this wasn't forever. I knew when i reached target weight and moved into consolidation I could eat a starchy meal (pasta, for me) once a week and have a celebration meal once a week also.

It's been sooo worth it :)

If you don't want to fail then don't, simples! Make yourself some Dukan bread, you can toast it...I like to have an egg salad sandwich with boiled egg, a pinch of salt, pepper, low fat yoghurt on Dukan bread and it gets rid of that craving for a sandwich I get occasionally! Chicken salad is another nice one but the possibilities are endless... The Dukan bread takes a few minutes to prepare and 3 mins to 'cook' in the microwave, the recipe is in the recipes section x Stick with it!

I don't crave carbs more sweet things.. like sweets, chocolate etc etc.. I guess the good thing about Dukan is there are sort of alternatives which can ease that...

I also find that when I've had a loss I gain will power.. and I haven't lost much weight but my Mum has noticed and commented and when I go to sneak chocolate sometimes I stop and I have like a mental image of trying on this really tight black dress that I've never felt comfortable in and the way my boyfriend looked at me made me feel so good..

So now I pick up chocolate and it's either eat it and feel guilty or put it back & think about how good I'll feel when hopefully I put that dress back on in a few months and look even better in it ;)

Try and focus on wanting to lose weight then wanting a treat? I think might me a simple way to put it?

:D

When I am exposed to smells I go crazy :eek:
Once I went to a mall, and passing by the small coffee shops smells of muffins, waffles etc almost killed me, my boyfriend saw how my mood switched, I was literally about to cry :D He got me some fruit yogurt to kill my appetite and it worked.
We all have moments where we think we can't take it any more, don't worry. It goes away, grab something dukan friendly or with minimum harm and get over the moment..
It will be sooo worth it when we reach target:)

The cravings come and go. As you are still early on, your body is still adjusting and the cravings will be more intense - kinda like carb withdrawal - you have to stick with it, they will subside a bit around week 3 of cruise. For me they came back strong on month 4 - but hopefully you will be approaching conso by then :)

I think this way of eating becomes more of a habit after a little while so you don't even think about carbs.

I am with you on the carb thing. My mainstay when not dieting was bread, pasta, cheese, crisps, potatoes in any form and when I started the diet I thought I would go CRAZY for a while!!! It was hard work but each time I wanted that slice of toast I would grab some chicken or turkey or a toffee muffin and a diet drink and think, right if I still want it after I have had this Dukan friendly stuff then I will have it and thankfully although I have got close I haven't touched a naughty item of food in 9 weeks, an absolute first for me as on any other diet I would always have a day off each week!!!! Not on Dukan!!! Keep going, it will be so worth it in the end and you did great on attack.

I Never thought I could live so well without carbs! I don't miss pasta, rice or potatoes. I do miss cereal, bread and FRUIT! Sometimes when I have to peel mangoes or wash strwberries I think I will go crazy but then I remember I will eat that again soon.
I had dukan bread for the first time today and loved it! Keep it up, you won't regret it!

Thank you for all the replies and support, Iam so happyIfound this site.

So anyway, I actually failed yesterday and caved. My daughter had a bit of a meltdown and then poo'ed on the carpet and the stress of it lead meto comfort eating (my old enemy - ME!!)

What shall I do, shall I re-start attack, at least I have been there, realised it was stupid and actually howmuch I dont want to fail.

Put that right behind you, if you had reached cruise then do a few PP days to compensate, if you were still on attack I would do another 2 days of attack. Poor u - toddler meltdown just about tips the scales for most of us!!!! On and up (or down scales wise!)

thanks trudyc

I'll be doing some PP days then! Won't get on scales for a week now either as dont want to worry about it

Back