Cruise PV To weigh or not to weigh?!?

CC

Hello - after weighing myself every day in Attack phase, I started doing the same now in Cruise - but I'm obsessing over + 200g or -300g aaarrrrggghh!!
In your experiences, is it better to weigh in every day or just once a week?

Hello,

Don't weigh everyday as u can put weight on during PV days because you retain water. You lose so much weight during attack and you lose everyday but it evens out during cruise so you really shouldn't do it everyday. I personally weigh myself every two weeks that way I don't obsess. I can feel I've lost weight by the way my clothes feel. Often measurements are a good indicator x

I prefer daily... I know how I react to which foods and so don't (often) freak out at a bad weigh in if I know I've followed the plan. Plus, avoiding the scales was how I got to 22 stone!

This morning, for instance, +500g. I ate smoked mackeral with salad last night. Exact same dinner as last Wed night (creature of habit am I). Exact increase too! haaa! So no freaking out (but hope the increase goes before "official weigh in" on Friday :D

Maintainer I didn't realise how much weight you had lost until the other day when I was using the online minimins (I use app for iPhone usually) and I saw it on your cp info. Ever since then I have wanted to say a big big congratulations! What you have achieved is absolutely amazing and is so inspiring! You must be so proud of yourself x

On both sides here. I also seem to get/expect the days my weight will be up (yesterday was a PV day and I had a lovely salad for tea, spinach and chicken soup for lunch and I just KNEW the scale would move up... and it did). Didn't bother me as I knew.

But if you think that's going to discourage you - stick with the weekly. My bathroom scale just broke and I'm taking it as a sign not to weigh daily though I need to have that same resolve when I get on the WiiFit in the mornings!!

Thank you Emms - I appreciate your words because, for the most part, I have completely "forgotten" about the huge loss 7-8 year ago, and tend to berate myself for the bit I keep regaining incessantly (just lost it again - will this time be THE time?!!)

The weighing - I think that's a very personal question which only you can answer, really. If fluctuations (upwards!) that last days can throw you off track completely then obviously don't do it every day - if you want to do it more frequently than once a week possibly do it the morning after each PP day?

Personally I *did* weigh every day in Cruise (1/1) - and this revealed that in my case the weight would stay constant, even go up and then suddenly drop by a pound or so, but only every few (~5) days. At that point I knew I was following all the rules and did not obsess about the non-loss days. Overall I was losing around 2lb a week. I plotted a curve and it is not a smooth progression downwards, more of a zig-zag!

Then in Conso I slowly switched to once a week, although most weeks I'd sneak in another mid-day weigh in, to double-check I was not losing the plot.
Now in Stab ("the rest of your life") I'm still doing once a week, I have finally managed to stop the midweek checks, but I did need them at times to pull me back from being to 'free' with what I was allowing myself to have :eek::eek::eek:. I still on occasion obsess about minor gains, but am slowly learning to let go and live with the weekly fluctuations (after all 200gr is a GLASS OF WATER!!) Maybe one day I can trust myself to not go off the rails and stick to monthly weighing like some others on Stab.

Anyway there are other indicators that show you losses and gains - the fit of your clothes for one! Or in my case - the wrinkles on my stomach :eek::D

Back