To weigh or not to weigh??

suzie_380

I have some fab digital scales...but the battery ran out before Christmas.

At the mo I can't weigh myself...I will have to rely on my weekly weigh in.

Would you get new batteries??

Sue
xx

I know i would but then i AM a scale addict....lol xxx

nope, weighing all the time plays with your head....its not worth the mind games...if you weigh yourself & dont like what you see, you might be more inclined to cheat than you would normally.

Fact is if you are following the diet to the letter you will be losing weight....do you really need your scales at home??

I agree 100% with Karen - stick to just the weekly WI. Your weight will fluctuate during the week, and it can play havoc with the morale - as we have seen in several threads in here!

Last edited:
I'm a daily weigher so batteries every time for me!

Gxx

nope, weighing all the time plays with your head....its not worth the mind games...if you weigh yourself & dont like what you see, you might be more inclined to cheat than you would normally.

Fact is if you are following the diet to the letter you will be losing weight....do you really need your scales at home??

...couldn't agree more with Kazz... Jumping on and off the scales can become very destructive.. once a week is enough (IMO).

xxxxxx:)

Hi and cheers for replying.

I don't think I will get new batteries to be honest.

I think I will just go with the CDC scales and how big my clothes are gonna get:D

Sue
xx

Hi, my name is Plus and I have a problem with scales in every way imaginable :D

I found that when my scales broke and I decided not to replace them for reasons Kazz states, I ended up making more trips to Boots than I normally would and spending £0.60 at a time. I needed to weigh myself twice for some reason

I keep a fantastic digital set now, not least becoz my CDC visits me at home and I can't have him lugging around his large and sophisticated ones. I try to resist hoping on everyday but confess to regular midweek sneak previews.

So I guess that as long as you know you're sticking 100% it won't matter what the scales say. May be, stepping on the scales when tempted to cheat might be powerful evidence of how far you've come.

(Written by a recovering :scale: addict)

I defintely like to weigh and would buy the batteries. I keep on track when I see a loss but when I think I have put on, I don't get on the scales as though if I havn't seen it, it hasn't happenned! Then it just builds up til I finally pluck up courage to get back on

It's clear from the responses that everyone is different and you should do whatever makes you happy - if you want to weigh yourself twice a day and it helps you (it helps me to do it daily) then that is fine. If you want to rely on being weighed once a week or so by your CDC then that is fine too.

There are no hard and fast rules.

I fancy buying some. What are the best scales available for water and bodyfat as well as weight?

i have to weigh myself every morning without fail. can't help it. i'm a total addict. i do go through phases of forgetting they exist but this tends to coincide with me piling on the lbs... so it has to be daily weighs for me :)

abz xx

Weighing is bad for me - if I've lost weight, I don't try so hard - If I haven't lost weight I lose heart and eat!!
Best for me to weigh only once a week.

I'm a daily weigher - first thing in the morning - thats not only the time you weight the least :) but is also I believe the most consistent - you've not eaten or drunk anything more 8 hours or so. And I just love seeing even .1 of a kg down on yesterday!

I Have To Say That I Would Buy The Batteries As Im A Serial Weigher,i Think Once You Dont Get Upset When You Weigh And You Are Up Over The Day Then It Does No Harm,but If It Were To Depress You Then Id Leave The Batteries Well Enough Alone,
Elaine X

I'm going to stop weighing myself at home!
It was my first weigh in last night. My official loss was 8lbs compared to my weight taken on cdc's scales last week.........but my scales at home showed a 13.5lbs loss compared to my scales at home a week ago. I must retain a lot of water during the day! lol

no no no no no......dont get new batteries, i know that i cant walk past them withought weighing myself and if by chance u hapen to put on a pound, it will only dishearten u so no no no no no x:)

stay away from the scales I tell you!!

makes weigh in with cdc that much more motivating.

Back