Toblerone Cookies

c27858

Toblerone Cookies

These cookies have a crisp outer and soft inner not to mention the Toblerone chocolate

Servings: 16

Points per cookie: 2

175 g self raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
75 g light brown sugar, soft
50 g polyunsaturated margarine
3 tbsp Golden Syrup
1 medium egg, beaten
90 g Toblerone, roughly chopped

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C/350°F. Line 2 trays with non-stick baking parchment.

Sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar.

In a small pan gently melt the margarine and syrup. Cool slightly then add to the flour with the egg. Beat to a stiff dough and mix in the Toblerone pieces.

Place 16 well spaced out dessert spoonfuls on the trays and bake for 10-12 mins until golden. Leave on the trays to cool for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack. Once cool store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

I just made these... And they are lush.
Please make sure you space em out properly... they don't half spread out! haha!!

Also... I thought the dough would only make 10, they looked so small... Then it cooked and they GREW... so I chopped them in half and got 20 cookies :) Result!!

Attachments

• Toblerone_Cookies.JPG
    Toblerone_Cookies.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 565
yummy im gonna make these i love cookies!

Although I love the sound of these will have to give them a miss. With just me in the house I just know I would have to eat the lot.

Although I love the sound of these will have to give them a miss. With just me in the house I just know I would have to eat the lot.

yeah i thought about it too and i know once i open the toblerone i'll eat the chocolate thats left as i only have a big one in the house, but because its not opened and its in a lockable box under my parents bed (im extreme i know) i m not tempted, open it for baking cookies and it'll be a free for all.

50 g polyunsaturated margarine

this just normal butter? will i be ok using my flora extra light? lol thanks

polyunsaturates is flora light. because its unsaturated where as butter is saturated which is why its bad for you xx

I used Stork. I have never used Flora Light for baking, I had it stuck in my head that it wouldn't work... Cheers WMBB I will give it ago next time :) !

And, incidentally...

yeah i thought about it too and i know once i open the toblerone i'll eat the chocolate thats left as i only have a big one in the house...

If you got a small toblerone specifically with the intention of making these, there is only one triangle left over rather than a whole heap :) For future info. Well done on not scoffing the huge toblerone!!

polyunsaturates is flora light. because its unsaturated where as butter is saturated which is why its bad for you xx

thankyou! and thanks Auburn also! :) making them on wed for the OH, another thing though do i have to use 90g of toblerone ? only it seems a lot to me about 12 points i think i worked it out as and i know that it makes 16 cookies, but was wondering if anyone has used less than 90g? and if it still makes them ok? lol thanks! :)

I used the full 90g, and it was just about right. I guess it depends how small you chop the pieces.
I would also advise putting the toblerone in the fridge before chopping it, so it doesn't melt! :)

I used the recipe builder on the Website to get the points, which quotes this:

175g SR flour - 8.5
75g Light brown sugar - 4
50g stork - 7
3 tablespoons Golden Syrup - 2
1 egg - 1.5
90g Toblerone - 10
Total - 33 - 16 cookies, that's 2 a piece

Or if you use Flora Light, it's 3.5 instead of 7, so 29.5 - still 2 a piece...

I reckon it would easily stretch to 22 cookies, that would be 1.5 each :)

OR ONE BIG ONE AND DON'T EAT FOR A WEEK!! haha... Tempting...tempting...

I used the full 90g, and it was just about right. I guess it depends how small you chop the pieces.
I would also advise putting the toblerone in the fridge before chopping it, so it doesn't melt! :)

I used the recipe builder on the Website to get the points, which quotes this:

175g SR flour - 8.5
75g Light brown sugar - 4
50g stork - 7
3 tablespoons Golden Syrup - 2
1 egg - 1.5
90g Toblerone - 10
Total - 33 - 16 cookies, that's 2 a piece

Or if you use Flora Light, it's 3.5 instead of 7, so 29.5 - still 2 a piece...

I reckon it would easily stretch to 22 cookies, that would be 1.5 each :)

LOL the huge one does sound very tempting tbh! :D i think i will try and make smaller ones to get 22 :) seems a good idea thank you for the help getting the ingredients tomorrow! might make a batch then just to make sure i get it right... ahem! haha :D yum yum yum

ps: how many do you think you would have to make to get them to be 1 point each? lol i'm imagining tiny cookies! :D lol

I like the sound of this - I'd eat the lot however many I made, so at least I'd have a munch feast and then spend the rest of the week clawing back points. Its either that or spend the week trying to hide from the sound of cookies calling me.

28 to get the recipe builder to read 1 pt !!!

Small... but.... still perfect I bet!!!! haha

ACE thankyou!! :D hehe tiny cookies here i come!!! making them later will let you know how they go along with banana crumbles i found on here also woo :) cooking day!!! i got to do my loaded potato skins, and pie too! :D ahhh my OH better love me :rolleyes::D:p

Do you think these could be frozen once cooked? x

you'd be better off freezing the dough. double wrap in cling film and should keep for up to 6 weeks. a good way to stop yourself munching the whole lot if you freeze it in batches and then cook the dough from defrosted whenever you fancy :)

oh wow! i just made these-i made 22, and they are truelly A-mazing and if you make 22, that makes them just 1point each-much more satifying than the pre-packed WW ones! thanks for posting!
BTW my daughter loves them too, so i think i will have to make more at the weekend!

Back