Today I gave my notice in!

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
For those who don't know, I have been off sick with depression and anxiety since last October. Today I gave the statutory 3 months notice of retiring, and my shoulders have gone down 2" already!
Now I can look forward to a new life! (with a corresponding weightloss!)

Congratulations Judi!! It sounds like it's what you need!! PS hope you don't retire from Minimins too!! XXX

Retirement really will be the start of a whole new way of life! I do hope that you will not lose out on any pension benefits by doing it now, but the relief must be amazing!

Now, how about that SW Consultant post you once spoke about...

Brilliant Judi, your life will be so much better now that you have finally made the decision to retire, well done to you and I know you will be so much happier now. XX

It must feel great to have made the decision. Well done to you xx

Well done Judi, my dad had problems in his job too & suffered from Angina constantly through the stress, the day he decided to retire was weird, it was like a different bloke walked out of the office & he stayed angina free for the next 7 years, last year he did have heart surgery but I think if he had stayed where he was he would have had to have had it a long time before, he says it was the best thing he has ever done.

For those who don't know, I have been off sick with depression and anxiety since last October. Today I gave the statutory 3 months notice of retiring, and my shoulders have gone down 2" already!
Now I can look forward to a new life! (with a corresponding weightloss!)

Hi hun :D thats great news! I know you will feel tons better! I have depression and no medication has worked for me yet (on a new type of medication so fingers crossed) and i went into work the other day with only just over a week to go until the made me jobless anyway, a colleague was really nasty and cruel to me and i burst into tears and walked out and went sick.

Since i have been at home it has taken me a couple of days to get used to being at home but i feel so much happier without the stress of the job that i had. i never realised my job affected me so much! Iv only been at home or 3 days and i feel a massive weight has been lifted and me and my oh are getting on great! even his annoying habits dont upset me and anger me like they used to!

Good Luck

all my love

Kissme
xxxxxx

Oh you are a lovely lot! Thanks for all your comments and I won't be going anywhere, I love this board!

Good luck Judi, sounds like a good decision. Enjoy retirement, u will be so busy you will wonder how u had the time to work!

Giving up a stressful job was the best decision I ever made, took me a good while to recover fully though!
Happy retirement!

Back