Total Solution Today is the day

Hi All

This morning is the start of our first day. we pigged out over the weekend with all our favourite foods to get them out of our system. We cleared out our food cupboards so there are no temptations. it has felt like a cleansing and has put us in the right frame of mind. This morning we have weighted and measured , took photos of each other so that we can fully chart our progress. I also had my first surprise before i got out of bed when my husband brought me my first ever black coffee and i found that i actually liked it. i have always turned my nose up at black coffee always having creamer in my coffee. bad i know but very nice. so here go. i look forward to reporting back next Tuesday with the results of our first weigh in.

Nikki & Paul

That's great that you're doing it together, it can be such a help to have the support at home and it also means you wont have the temptation of having to cook or watch the other eat while you dont. Good luck to both of you x

Good luck to both of you, I hope you have a great 1st week.

Thank you for your comments i hope that doing it together will work as we were both doing our own thing before and it doesn't work. Paul would starve himself all night then eat a big meal at night whereas i was doing 1200 calories a day using my fitness pal. The evening meal times was a nightmare. Then there was the we've been good all week lets have a takeaway. Well you know how it goes, stray too often and you are back on the rocky road. Anyhow i have to say my first day wasn't as bad as i thought it might be. a couple of small hunger pangs but a glass of water stopped that. i also thought i would wake in the night because i was hungry but i didn't. just hope today goes as well.

OK we are now on day 4. We had a bit of a wobble yesterday but didn't give in. The mistake we made was to watch Ramsey's nightmare kitchens. even the horrible food looked good. I have now banned my husband from watching any programmes about cooking. It also seems that every other advert is about food. we have resorted to turning the volume down and not looking until the adverts are over. i also had to dash his dreams of fish and chips on our week of being able to eat a small 200 calorie meal. Poor man. I have found that all the shakes are good even the banana one which i was dreading, the Carbonara is disgusting although Paul thinks it ok with loads of tabasco in it. He also likes the porridge. The mushroom soup and the bars are ok.

I have had a few headaches especially on the second day, yesterdays one wasn't as intense. but a couple of pain killers soon cleared these. Im also finding it hard to concentrate properly which has led to a few silly mistakes at work. luckily i have a good boss who just laughs at me.

I'm off to work now, glad its Friday I just need a plan to keep busy over the weekend

The first few days are the hardest, until your body goes into ketosis and then it feels much easier, the headaches and tiredness go and you feel normal again.

It's interesting how people's tastes vary. I'm not a fan of the strawberry or banana shakes but I love the carbonara, I like having a different taste and texture and I like the saltiness of it.

Yesterday was day 7 for us. so our first milestone has been reached. i never thought i could do one week without proper food. We had our official weigh in this morning but we had a two unofficial weigh ins though out the week as Paul had a few wobbly moments. i'm glad that we did as by day five i had lost 5llbs, on day six i got my period. this morning when we weighed i had put one pound on. i have stuck religiously to the diet and not one morsel of anything other then exante products has passed my lips. so thankfully i do realise this is due to my period. Paul on the other hand has lost 15llbs. life is so unfair for us women. all i can hope is that next week is a big loser for me.

Well done to both of you. TOTM def messes with losses as I have been finding out this week. Men defo tend to shed quicker. Stick to it u both will get there!!:)

Good luck with your second week! I'm starting it on Friday and am excited :)

Good luck with starting on Friday, it is not as hard as it seems. i never thought i would be able to do it. i started it thinking i give it a go for a week then maybe i will go back to a conventional diet but i am already thinking about what packs i will be ordering for our months supply.

Back