Tofu Creme Cheescake

trudyc

Gold Member
Okay guys, thinking caps on - I love the tofu creme recipe with a bit of lemon and think it would make an amazing cheesecake topping - I also have some of the Dukan coconut biscuits and want to use them crushed as a base for the 'cheesecake'. Only problem is how to bind the biscuit - obviously can't use butter but any thoughts would be good??? :confused:

If you use a ramekin to make your cheese cake they probably won't need any binding....

Trudy, what is the tofu creme recipe?

I can't think of anything that gives the same 'mouth feel' as butter, unfortunately. But to get it to bind, just a bit of water?

I also wondered whether a muffin, sliced across the widest part, might make a sponge like base for a sort of mousse pudding... Still in the developmental stage, I'm afraid!

I can't think of anything that gives the same 'mouth feel' as butter, unfortunately. But to get it to bind, just a bit of water?

I also wondered whether a muffin, sliced across the widest part, might make a sponge like base for a sort of mousse pudding... Still in the developmental stage, I'm afraid!

Im liking the sound of these puds :D

Nina tofu creme is :-
1 pack silken tofu
2 tablespoons quark or fromage frai
2 table spoons sweetner
Flavouring of choice - vanilla/coffee/lemon/ orange/ choc??????????
Mix together in a blender till completely smooth and chill.

Thanks for the suggestions girls - gonna try it just crushed in a ramekin - will let you know how I go - muffin base a v good suggestion too - maybe muffin base, tofu creme middle and crumbled biccy top!!!! All possible on Dukan!!!!

Tks Trudy. Where do you buy the silken tofu?

and meringue on the top...

I used to make a "lemon meringue pie" using muffin mixture as base, lemon yoghurt whisked with egg white and quark as middle, and of course the egg white + sweetener meringue topping. No tolerated ingredients there either!

that sounds lovely jo :D

Ive visitors coming to stay in 3 weeks and looking for ideas for meals... hes fussy and shes a very skinny long distance runner lol

That sounds lovely Jo - love meringue so might give that a go!!!! Looks like we have a good dessert going on!!! Nina the only place I have found tofu is sainsburys. Our farm shop had it but sold out and hasn't replaced their stock!! BAHH! I am bulk buying when I see it as often can only find smoked or braised tofu - errrr no thanks.!!!

I buy my silken tofu at a Chinese supermarket (it's about a third of the price). I also buy soy sauce there (although you can laugh at me - I've been kidding myself for years that I buy "light" soy sauce cos it says so on the bottle... but shopping there Monday evening, I noticed they also sell "dark soy sauce"! hoho!)

trudyc said:
Nina the only place I have found tofu is sainsburys. .!!!

I couldnt find the silken tofu, only the firm one át. Sainsburry's :(

Nina my pack from sainsburys says firm on it but also silken so double check the pack!!! Will take a pic of it if it helps????
Update on the cheesecake, used a bit of milk to moisten the biccy and then added sugar free pancake syrup and topped with tofu - think it will be v v nice - yet to try tonight - tried just using the syrup but the biccy was sooooo dry and crunchy!!! Piccy below is my latest effort!

Attachments

• tofu.jpg
    tofu.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 79
My God Trudy, you have such will power - how can you resist just scoffing it, it looks delish ;)

Trudyc that look great will have to give it a try, todays the first day I've realy needed something sweet so will give it a bash, aswell as trying a new batch of muffins each batch seema worse than the first. :-(

oh that looks yummy ... ive just had my tofu cream and its lacking flavour/sweetness hmmmm

OMG girls you gotta make this - the cheesecake is amazing - absolutely perfect and sooooo scrum - Ellie if you are looking for sweet this is it!!!! To recap recipe!!!!!
1 pack silken firm tofu
2 tablespoons fat free quark or fromage frai
3 tablespoons of sweetener (more if you want it sweeter)
vanilla essence or your own choice of flavour
Dukan Coconut or hazlenut biscuit
tablespoon of milk
tablespoon of fat/sugar free pancake syrup (from low carb megastore)

Take out tofu and pat dry with paper towel put in blender with quark, sweetener and flavour of choice. Blend until totally smooth., put in refrigerator Meanwhile crush 1 Dukan biscuit and put in bottom of a ramekin, add tablespoon of skimmed milk and mix. Leave to soften for five mins in the fridge then add tablespoon of pancake syrup and mix before firming down. Top with tofu and refrigerate for an hour or until your ready to eat!!! AMAZING!!!!! Hope you like it - be warned is very sweet!!! Hee hee!

Back