• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Tofu jerky recipe help

I have searched through site and tried google and can't find a recipe for tofu jerky. I did find one on site that said it was soy sauce and spices but no quantites and specific spices to use. Google was recommending I used liquid smoke and I have no idea where I would get that from round me!

Can any one help me?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
2 teaspoons brown sugar
Directions

Place tofu block between paper towels on a plate. Set another plate on top, and put a weight on top of the plate such as a can to press the water from the block of tofu while you prepare the sauce.
In a medium bowl, stir together the soy sauce, maple syrup, liquid smoke, garlic powder, black pepper, barbeque sauce and brown sugar until smooth.
Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices, and dip them in the sauce to coat. Place in a tightly sealed container. Place in the refrigerator, and let marinate for one to two hours.
Preheat the oven to the lowest temperature, around 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Line the oven rack with heavy duty aluminum foil, and place in the lowest position of the oven. Place the tofu slices on the foil.
Bake for about 8 hours, checking and turning over tofu slices every few hours. Tofu jerky is done when it is hard and uniformly dark in color.

Now just to make it SW friendly :)

Thanks I have no idea where I can get liquid smoke from but will google it and try to make it SW friendly over the weekend.

Thanks I am hoping to try and make some tofu jerky while off with the kids so will look out for maggi seasoning. hoping its going to turn out ok

There's a recipe in How it all Vegan for Tofu Jerky that is SW friendly.

1lb extra-firm tofu
1/2 cup Braggs or soy sauce
3-4 tbsp liquid smoke (I guess you'd use maggi seasoning)
1/8 cup water
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove crushed
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tsp sweetner

Cut the drained tofu into long narrow strips (about 1/4in in thickness). They may look big but they will shrink during baking. In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, liquid smoke, water, onion powder, garlic, pepper, and sweetner.Place the tofu strips in a shallow baking pan or on a cookie sheet and pour the marinade over them. Let them marinade several hours or overnight for best results.
Bake the tofu in the oven for about 4-6 hours at 200F (95C). Turn the tofu over once every hour so that it bakes evenly. Continue until the texture is very chewy but not crispy. Store in a container with a tight fitting lid.
Let me know if you want a cajun recipe as well. You just change the seasonings around. I don't know if you can get cajun seasoning over there but I have a recipe to make it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 2
Slimming World 6
Syn Values 1
Slimming World Recipes 20
Slimming World Recipes 0