Tofu

Mel2

Silver Member
Daft question, but what does tofu taste like? I bought some last week and it's sat in the fridge for days and I can't bring myself to try it! I'm not a fussy eater at all and like almost everything but I feel a bit apprehensive about trying it for some reason.

To me it honestly doesn't taste of anything-just a bit salty. I don't really like the texture when I use it in cooking at home, but I do like whatever Wagamama and Yo! Sushi do to theirs. I think experimenting with a few recipes and cooking it in different ways is the best way to find out if you like it :)

I had it in a Chinese restaurant once, it was nice, quite "Springy" in the mouth!
Bought some of the Couldron one last week to make in a risotto with sugar snap peas, but the texture was yuck and fell apart in my mouth :(
I need to experiment more!!

Cauldron have just changed theres and its alot more silken, it was nicer before.
If you freeze it, then defrost it, the texture isnt so silken and its alot more springy.
You can buy it in asian supermarkets but sometimes its already deepfried so be careful lol.
I love tofu though, its so yummy.

Back