Toilet tips

Could always try senna or lactulose? (or even glycerin suppositries?)

Have heard drinking something cold then something hot straight after may also hel?

You do need to be careful if you take a laxative as it may cause you to go the other way (if you get what I mean) and become dehydrated. So keep up with the water if you decide to take a helping hand. But bear in mind that you aren't eating much solid food, so you can't expect to go quite so often. I beleive that 2-3 times a week is pretty much standard for most of us (but I am no expert!)

When I did a vlcd first time round I suffered from this for a while and was recommended psyllium husk powder. I bought a tub online and used to add one or two teaspoons to my hot shakes (vanilla, chocolate, banana) when I made them up.

I found it was a very gentle way of encouraging normal erm...movements (shall we say). I only did this for about a week and found after that things settled down and I was as regular as one would expect to be.

If you google 'psyllium husk' you'll find plenty of info about it, what it is, why it's used and where to get it from.

Other than that you could try 'fybrogel' or similar over the counter remedies - but I'm not sure if any of those contain sweetners and whether they could knock you out of ketosis. Your counsellor should have the answer to that.

I hope the problem eases soon - as I recall how uncomfortable (and painful) it was :eek:

Glycerin supps are always good because (excuse the bluntness) of there is anything up there that your unable to pass, it loosens it and makes it easier to pass.

I use Dulcoease or there is Dulcolax both of which were llc recommended. Don't go mad though and think last resort. I use fibre sure on my porridge which helps and I'm avoiding the bars this time as they always bind me up. And it's not going in like it was before so it won't be coming out!! Lol I hope you find a solution soon as its not nice.

God I've had quick the opposite!! I am on day 8 and suffering quite explosive diahorreah!! Any recommendations for this? xx

God I've had quick the opposite!! I am on day 8 and suffering quite explosive diahorreah!! Any recommendations for this? xx

Careful, there will be a queue for your magic solution!!, most of us prey for that problem!..lol :eek:

Maybe you have a bug?, there have been a few of that sort of tummy bugs doing the rounds, some of my hairdressing clients had it, and I had it during Xmas..

Both Ducolax and Senocot are allowed. I use senocot once a week to keep it moving if I have to. And I add the LL Fibre to shakes and porridge.

When I did a vlcd first time round I suffered from this for a while and was recommended psyllium husk powder. I bought a tub online and used to add one or two teaspoons to my hot shakes (vanilla, chocolate, banana) when I made them up.

I found it was a very gentle way of encouraging normal erm...movements (shall we say). I only did this for about a week and found after that things settled down and I was as regular as one would expect to be.

If you google 'psyllium husk' you'll find plenty of info about it, what it is, why it's used and where to get it from.

Other than that you could try 'fybrogel' or similar over the counter remedies - but I'm not sure if any of those contain sweetners and whether they could knock you out of ketosis. Your counsellor should have the answer to that.

I hope the problem eases soon - as I recall how uncomfortable (and painful) it was :eek:

I take psyllium husk capsules. You can get them at Holland and Barratt and I got mine half price just before Christmas. I take two first thing in the morning with a large glass of water and two in the evening.

I had previously bought the powder but found it utterly disgusting. I couldnt get it to disolve either!

don't take laxatives as it doens't actually solve the problem long term and makes you feel horrific!
Take psyllium husks (either the capsules or the powder) and I also recommend coton tablets. They are herbal and do not affect ketosis. You can buy them online or from a health shop. They work like a colonic in that they make your colon muscles move a bit quicker so they will keep things moving through your system quicker. It's doesn't give you 'the runs' but I went to the loo at lease once a day on abstinence when I took them.
Laxatives are the worse thing you can take because it doens't deal with the 'backlog' in your lower colon and just loosens everything in your small colon so you feel horrible.
I can't recommend using coton highly enough. It kept me regular on abstinence and everyone in my group started taking them too and came back the following week to say how great they were!!

How you doing paigesmum? You managing to stick to the plan after your croquet? Lol I stuck to plan apart from 1 wee lapse end of last week so back on day 3, shouldn't been day 11 xx

I'm doing ok, apart from drinking probably a whole bottle of bacardi over the weekend haha. Obv knock me out of ketosis but as long as i don't gain i'm happy as lost 4lb last week so 12lbs in 2 weeks :) Need to be good all week and hope for a couple of lbs this week, by saturday. You back in the zone now? x

Good weekend then! Lol yet I'm back in the zone, I have to be as got a friends wedding in April & not being the fat friend x

4stone ideally but got a birthday , a hen night, and an another birthday in between lol so need to be realistic, would be happy with 3 stone xx

Back