Toilet woes...is the same for everybody?

NewLife4Me

Hello!

This is my 3rd week of doing SS 100%. I must say that I feel great, not hungry but maybe missing the routine of eating, but it's only for a few months so I can survive it!

I would like to ask you a question about toilet business (sorry if it's too personal). Currently, I can only "go" once a week, and each week it's getting more painful. It took me several try's to go yesterday which after resulted in me lying in pain for hours and most of the night, as if I had torn everything inside down below or as if I had a broken glass bottle stuck inside me. I'm terrified to think of my next visit to the toilet next week!! I'm living in Spain and can't get any of the products you mention on the forums (but I will stock up on them when I go home next week). I'm taking P.husks powder format in my shakes, also 4 natural fibre tablets daily which I got from a chemist here, but they are not making me "go" easily. Today I couldn't go to work as I feel so bad with a pain in my "ass", can't sit down or drive the car! I'm still in pain after finally "going" last night.

So, my questions are;

Does the same happen to you???

How often do you "go"?

Do you sometimes bleed?

Does this only happen to people on shakes?

Do you "go" better/softer when you eat a bar regularly?

Does it dramatically improve by taking movicol and similar products?

THANK YOU for reading & sharing your opinions!

HI , I feel your pain !! I am exactly the same and after trying everything from P husks , fibre , all the laxatives , I have found that if I take 2 sachets of movicol on alternate days then I go much easier . Make sure you drink plenty of water and see if you can get any glyerin suppositories for if you do struggle again , you pop these 'up' and they soften everything up from that end !!!

Hope you find what works for you

Hi hun

Firstly your not alone!

I think the majority of us have this sort of problem
Some more than others!

I take p husk every day - 2 teaspoons in a pit of water and this helps alot!

Otherwise I'd be the same as you!!

In lucky in that, that's enough for me...

Others swear by movicol etc

Are you drinkin enough??

Is it still warm in Spain? You may be dehydrated so add even more water

I drink 4 litres - the last litre is because I excercise...

Hope you can find a solution that suits you

Sorry to hear your in so much pain..

Can you get senna over the counter in Spain? I appreciate it's no good long term but if it helps and stops you suffering then go for it...

Xxx

Hi LovelyLauren,

I'm drinking 3 to 3.5L of water everyday, we've had great weather here up until last week but now it has gone cold & wet. When its hot hot weather I would easily drink 4 or 5L per day, but not now.
I'm terrified of my next journey to the toilet! Here Vlcdiets are not common, so when you go to the chemist to ask for something they get very alarmed!

can you not just ask for something for constipation? then check out the ingredients on the bottle or container? i would think that lactulose is most likely available in spain. even senna. i wouldn't say that you are on a VLCD at the chemist.

This morning was the worst ever. Consequently I now have piles and bled quite a bit. I was getting so stressed and panicking that I nearly passed out several times

And I think it's cause I've hardly drunk anything the past few days so keep up the water.
This is the worst I've ever had it and on week 12 I'm quite surprised.

Off for some psyhusks and Cambridge fibre with a gazillion litres of water. Good luck!x

if your already consitpated then the fibre could be making it worse. you need something to shift the consipation first and then use the fibre as a preventative.

so really get down the chemist, tell them youve been really constipated and need either a laxitive or a stool softner.

once youve had a good clear out then back to the fibre to keep things moving along with trying to up your water a little

Thanks Claire!
I ventured down to the chemist in the pouring rain, couldn't bare to get into the car & sit on my bum! I felt as if I was waddling all the way as my bum is so sore.
Anyway, I explained my situation to the Pharmacist, and the usual "you must eat fruit & veg for the body to function correctly". I had to lie and say that somedays I eat broccoli, and she said "ohh nooo, that only produces gas & discomfort in the stomach"
I brought with me the PHUsks and explained to her what it was. So, finally, she gave a bottle which I guess is a stool softener and told me take it every night 2 hrs after eating or just before bed. I've been reading the composition of it and it's made of paraffin oil & lemon oil..... Hope this knock me out of Ketosis!!!
SPAIN when are you going to market CD????

I wouldn't worry about ketosis too much for bow sweet u just need to get your tummy sorted....

When are you next in the UK?!

If it's not for ages would you like me to post you some senna???

Xx

That's very kind of you Lauren! Thank You for thinking of me!!! :)))
I will be home next Tuesday, so I will be off to the chemist before the day is out!

Buy a years supply lol!!

I would go ahead and drink half
The bottle! Just because you may come out of ketosis doesn't mean weight loss will slow sweet

Hope your on the mend soon - must
Be so miserable!! Xxx

Might be worth getting some Movicol while you're over here as well. You can get it over the counter at a chemist without a prescription. It's not cheap but it works really well - especially when you've been bunged for a few days.

LOL, you can picture the scene at Customs now, huh - when they open your suitcase to find it stuffed full of laxatives.... :D

Might be worth getting some Movicol while you're over here as well. You can get it over the counter at a chemist without a prescription. It's not cheap but it works really well - especially when you've been bunged for a few days.

LOL, you can picture the scene at Customs now, huh - when they open your suitcase to find it stuffed full of laxatives.... :D
To buy Movicol it's £11 and works a treat for me get some Soon x

Back