Told not to exercise :(

Charlotte-Eve

x It's my year to shine x
Hey everyone,

I've been off work for a few days because of a bad back... I say bad, I have a severely slipped disc, sciatica, some more bulging discs etc (I'm only 26!) so I'm in a lot of pain on a daily basis! So I went to get signed off from work for a couple of weeks (stupidly have been working through the pain until I found out the results) just to help me relax more than anything, and the doctor signed me off until 15th April! Eurgh?! Which means I've been signed off for my 27th birthday too!

Problem is, he told me quite sternly not to exercise. He's said that continuing with my walks is fine, but when I mentioned swimming - he shook his head and said "nothing more than paddling."

I'm devastated, I'm so bored, and I have to see a surgeon about my options on the 14th April.

After all that rambling, what I really mean to ask is do any of you have any ideas of what I can do? My part time job is online shopping, so I was on my feet 4hrs a day. The rest of my time I'm self-employed as a photographer so I can't really do that either! I hate sitting around doing nothing, I'm not looking to earn activity pp or anything, I just need some help!

Thank you in advance! x

Oh dear. Sorry to hear about that. I hope you get it sorted soon.

It's terrible when you get bored. I was off sick for quite a while last year when my appendix burst and I spent a fortune with QVC and a took up gambling too! The worse part was when I was gambling while watching QVC :rolleyes:. So don't do that LOL! I did a lot of reading. I also tried to learn some Spanish for my holiday.

Maybe plan your WW menus for the next year? :D

Back