1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Tomatoes 'stop you getting fat'

Discussion in 'News - please read!' started by Jim, 4 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Interesting, I must admit I love a bowl of home made tomato soup.

Link Here

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. KD

KD Gone fishing

That's really interesting. Cheers Jim

Did you know that to release more lycopene, you are better having tinned tomatoes, and cook them in oil? Better than raw from a lycopene viewpoint :clap:

4. Jim

Jim Big Boy

I didn't KD, but my happy coincidence I use chopped tinned plum tomato's for my soup. :D

5. Andys74

Andys74 Majorie Dawes' lovechild

I read this - I'm glad tinned tomatoes are just as good if not better - I don't know what I would do without them - although before my dieting days it was probably the pasta underneath and the cheese on top that did the damage !!!

6. Purple_Star

Purple_Star Well-Known Member

Tomatoes are one of my favourite foods and I eat them every day, so this is good news for me. The problem is, my weight problem had nothing to do with hunger, so feeling full wouldn't have helped if you know what I mean, that didn't stop the emotional eating.

7. vgstar44

vgstar44 Well-Known Member

Im not that keen on the good old tomato.

Not too bad when cooked but vile if not. :(

8. Spannerwanner

Spannerwanner technologically ignorant

Have you noticed that they always test these sorts of things on people of normal weight and then declare something to be the answer to obesity. I wish they'd test stuff on fat people who may well react totally differently.

I'm practically vegan when I eat normally and have tomatos in most of my meals and it's never stopped me being fat yet!