Attack Tomorrow is day 1...

Pumpkin31

For me. I've been lurking around here for a while and decided I'm taking the plunge. Excited nervous all sorts of emotions.

So just wanted to say hi!
X

I started today and I have to say it's not been that bad! I've not actually been hungry at all. My only problem was at about 7pm when my body desperately wanted something sweet. Had a bit of a headache too. But I persevered and lived to tell the tale lol.

So good luck for tomorrow

xx

So far so good. I'm feeling ok, but got to say the oatbran gillette thingy was 'orrible. So I need other ideas for eating the oatbran. Other than that I'm doing ok.

Thank you for your encouragement.

X

So far so good. I'm feeling ok, but got to say the oatbran gillette thingy was 'orrible. So I need other ideas for eating the oatbran. Other than that I'm doing ok.

It's worth persevering with the galette - I hated my first, but after a few goes got the hang of it, and now it's an all time treat (and the nieces are hooked too!)

There are tips on the technique in the recipe section

There are tips on the technique in the recipe section

Along with suggestions for oatbran muffins, bread, biscuits and crackers if you really can't face the galette.

Thanks for this, reading the thread about the perfect galette I don't think I cooked it long enough and didn't flavour it, thought I could get away with that one because I don't really like sweeteners. I will give it another go tonight and do it properly.

On a side note, hell I'm weeing a lot today! Didnt expect that to kick in so early.

X

I add a pinch of salt and grated nutmeg to mine - that seems to add some depth and sweetness to the flavour

Also - black pepper and herbs (dried or fresh) if I want to eat my gallette with soup, as a wrap or as the crust of a pie.

I'm a muffin fan :) (bottom of P.1 of the recipe thread, with photo)

I make the muffins in little pans, then sandwich them with whipped greek yogurt, like mini layer cakes!

Big is always best though ;) and mine need to be transportable cos I can't bear to eat breakfast early! (Mouse's goji victoria sandwich cake is lovely with quark + sweetener filling... or, as a treat, Philly xlite + sweetener if in UK - can't get it here!)

Well I survived a day in work and stuck to it!

But I've done a really stupid thing now :-(

I weighed this morning to get my starting point and then for some stupid idiotic reason I weighed when I got in from work and it's not moved at all. Really disheartened but going to work through it.

Thanks again for all your support and advice really helped in work today

X

Have you ever weighed yourself previously in the evening? I can weigh 1K or even 2K more in the evening than in the morning (which is pretty normal given that we're full of food and water by then!). So weighing in the same in the evening is darned GOOD NEWS! DUH!

Ditto - sounds to me like you lost weight yesterday

Of course you were all right, I did loose, 1 lb, not as much as I hoped but I'm still happy with it. And I definitely won't be weighing again when I get home from work.

So day 2 here I come.........

X

Yay - 1 lb a day is really good! Keep at it. I weigh every day in the morning at the same time.

That's my plan :)

I survived day 2, and resisted weighing this evening but boy was I tempted, I'm now remembering why I went 10 years without owning scales :-(.

But day 3 here I come, so tomorrow will be half way through attack.

I have had a bit of an upset tummy this evening but things like that are to be expected I suppose while your body adjusts.

I did try the galette again and nope not for me. So trying the oatbran with yoghurt tomorrow.

X

good luck with day 3, i am on to day 4 tomor, so we are almost in tandem! my exp with the galette wasnt great either, ended up trying a recipe from the recipe board and fell in love with it!

good luck tomorrow :)

Back