Tomorrow will be first day on Alli. What to eat?!

Choccieaddict

hi everyone,
I'm so glad I've found someone to talk to about dieting with Alli.
I was prescribed Alli today and am currently trying to figure out what to eat so that I get the right amount of fat for each meal. It's a minefield and it's taking me forever!:sigh:
Wondered if anyone has any tips or could share their meal plans?
Thanks
Tina
x

This baord seems dead, I also need help, just started on saturday and doing SW but think my fat intake is too low. I can't understand eating more fat to get rid of it?? Hmmmmm x

This baord seems dead, I also need help, just started on saturday and doing SW but think my fat intake is too low. I can't understand eating more fat to get rid of it?? Hmmmmm x
hi pumpkin2008, it does seem strange doesn't it! I'm eating stuff I'd normally avoid and eating more in one sitting than usual...but then it's not crisps and chocolate and I'm not snacking between meals so I am optimistic. Yesterday was my first day of taking the pills. No side effects (yet?!). Have you had a weight loss yet? I can't wait for week 1 to be over and hopefully say that I'm half way to half a stone :)
Maybe we should hang around here together, we seem to have alot of statistics in common!

You're right we are so similar lol! I hadn't even noticed :)
Right, I was thinking.....if I use my HEa and B (am following Extra Easy) in low fat cheese-prob lowlow slices- 2 of them are 40g and a HE of reduced fat cheddar is 42g so that means I can have 4 slices a day, which is 251.2cals and 11.2g fat extra a day without using syns as they are 62.8 cal each slice and 4.4g fat.
What else do you use as your HEs? Do you know what fat/cal info there is in Nimble? I have none in the house at the mo.
Am I making sense as to try and use HEs to get the fat intake up? Or maybe mayo would be good to use syns on. Sorry for the ramble! x

I know I agree HCW, I thought you just used it with a low cal/ low fat diet. None of all this bloody counting malark!!

I have tried weight watchers many times, it works for a while then I get bored of counting/ weighing.. I have been on Xenical for 8 weeks now.. I think it is amazing.. I find it really hard to lose weight just by cutting down on food but I know this is working so it makes me more determined to do exercise.. I have lost 12 pds so far and I know it is not a quick fix so i am happy with that, hopefully it means I will keep it off and get used to eating low fat meals forever. It really is not as hard as it seems.. basically what you eat shouldn't have more than 5 grams of fat per 100 grams and you shouldn't eat more than 15 grams of fat per meal/ tablet or you will see some effects toilet wise.. you don't need to eat fat to make them work, the tablets get rid of a third of what you are eating so the less fat you eat the less you will absorb... I also stick to low calorie so I try and eat no more than 1300 cals per day.. and drink more water. Hope this helps a little.. :) Good Luck x

Back