Tonight dinner, healthy curry

Rissole76

Well tonight's dinner is going to be a healthy curry of -
Spicy lamb tomato coconut curry
Green spring vegetable thorn
Some basmati rice
Coming in at 520 cals and absolutely delish!! For anyone who loves a curry, I can highly recommend the Anjum Anand recipe books, I have 3 now and all the recipes are healthy and taste just lush! She is an Indian lady who struggled with her weight but couldn't eat curries when she was dieting so she started tweaking and creating her own healthy curry recipes. She had a series on BBC called Indian made easy. I still tweak her recipes with the amount of oil, so if it calls for 3 tbs of oil, I can usually use only 1. And they still taste amazing!! I'll try to remember to take a picture tonight and post it.

I'm pretty good at managing to alter my curries to make them more healthy. I make what I think is a really tasty chickpea curry for just over 300 calories. Can easily add chicken or pork and it'll stay pretty low calorie. Most people who are dieting don't seem to realise that really there isn't any meal that's a 'no-no', you just have to find out how to make it a healthier way!

I am having homemade chicken curry and rice tonight actually, it works out around 485 per person. It is gorgeous too.

wow! thats a good calorie count for a curry AND rice etc....i am gonna look up those books and see if i can get them on ebay...thanks for that !!!

I made a big pan of it yesterday. It did four massive portions then I served up 200g of rice which is a lot of rice!

Mine was
Onion
Chicken 350g
Tinned toms x 2 tins
Creme fraiche...this could be left out or subbed for 0%fat plain yoghurt..but I think yoghurt has a funny taste in curry
Then plenty of spices

I used brown basmati rice, i used to only use white basmati but apparantly brown is healthier

I am stuffed!!!!

xxx

Back