Tonight I tried.........................

Silly me I have quorn chicken fillets in the freezer !!!

Perfics !!!

Why don't you try chickpeas or lentils - great source of protein and tasty too

Why don't you try chickpeas or lentils - great source of protein and tasty too

Thank you, I love all pulses and use loads as we buy them here cooked and in jars, I know you can get them cooked in the U.K. now as well.
I am making the mushroom and lentil loaf for tomorrow as we are out today ( wedding anniversary) and over the weekend will have my own recipe chickpeas in pepper sauce or as a dopiaza as you suggested...........lush !!!
Sometimes I roast a red pepper or an aubergine ( homegrown) and stuff them with roasted onion and tomato mixed with lentils or chickpeas and pop grated cheese on top and cook in the oven until the cheese is bubbly and going brown..............I am so glad I have had my breakfast or I would be looking for food right now lol !!!

Thanks for the temperature update. Haven't had chance to try it yet but it's at the top of the 'next new thing to try' list.

More importantly.....

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! to both you and the lovely Paul.

Hope you have a great day!

P.S. Hope you aren't being affected too much by the Spanish protests.

Thanks for the temperature update. Haven't had chance to try it yet but it's at the top of the 'next new thing to try' list.

More importantly.....

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! to both you and the lovely Paul.

Hope you have a great day!

P.S. Hope you aren't being affected too much by the Spanish protests.

Thank you so much. We have had a wonderful day with some Dutch friends...............we had Chinese . I tried to be good. I started with a salad but then went mad and had a little of everything. Including the wine and a tia maria over ice...........it was so goooooooooooood !!!

I have no regrets.

Your stuffed pepper ideas sound lovely fillymum what would you do with the chickpeas before putting them in the peppers?

I do not do anything with the chickpeas just mix them with whatever ingredients take my fancy cos they heat up in the pepper in the oven. They come out piping hot.

I've had a cabbage knocking about in the bottom of my fridge for a while and couldn't figure out what to do with it. I had already decided on making the Chana Masala recipe from the Curry Feast book (I also found this online here - second recipe down) so did a search for Indian cabbage recipes. I found this recipe for Indian-style cabbage that takes just 5 minutes. So simple to make, looked great and was very tasty. It made two very generous side portions, but would easily serve 4 if making it as a side dish with curry and rice (I just had it instead of rice). I used oil as per the recipe for popping the mustard seeds, as I didn't think frylight would do the trick. So count 6 syns for the whole recipe.

Back