Toning with weights while on ss

Hi,

I've just got a Xbox360 kinect and the fitness evolved 2012 software.

I'm planning to do some of the light cardio and yoga, but would also like to try the toning exercises.

It looks like these are best with light weights and I was wondering if it was appropriate to do this while on SS.

I've read that we shouldnt do heavy cardio but not heard about toning with light weights? If its effectively building muscles up would that be a problem?

There is a sticky about exercise but im on ss and i do toning with light weights and i feel fine i did try and do yoga but think i over done it slightly cos i got such a bad head ache so now i just stick to toning with weights and alot of walking. Exercise could make your loss on the scales slow down but you wud be losing inches and exercise is something you wud be doing as a life style so if you feel fine while doing it id stick to it just dont over do it like you say no heavy cardio cos you not eating enough cals for that.

There is a sticky about exercise but im on ss and i do toning with light weights and i feel fine i did try and do yoga but think i over done it slightly cos i got such a bad head ache so now i just stick to toning with weights and alot of walking. Exercise could make your loss on the scales slow down but you wud be losing inches and exercise is something you wud be doing as a life style so if you feel fine while doing it id stick to it just dont over do it like you say no heavy cardio cos you not eating enough cals for that.

Thanks. I'd read the sticky on exercise and it seemed to talk more about cardio exercise, which I've always differentiated from toning/muscle biulding. I'd heard that to much cardio would mean that the body would go after lean muscle mass and so was wondering if being on SS meant that you wouldnt have enough fuel to add muscle (rather than in burn fat like in cardio)

I'm no personal trainer though, but it did make sense in my head ;-)

Back