Too many eggs?

Unless you have underlying health issues, I think they now don't put a limit on how many eggs you should eat per day or per week. I have loads! Always have 2 for breakfast, in addition to any I might eat during the day.

If you like eggs, and they don't disagree with you in any way, then have as many as you like.

It used to be assumed that dietary cholesterol (the cholesterol in food) could cause higher blood cholesterol, but it is now known that for most people the difference it makes is insignificant. Actually, this has been known for a long time, but it is taking a long time for people to accept it.

I managed to get through 32 eggs in one week between 2 people a while ago. i got 16 from morrisons for 32p as they were going out of date. Made all sorts but didnt effect losses, and they are a great snack too.

Making syn free pancakes later and already and 2 fried eggs for breaky. I dont question it anymore, couldnt live without limitless eggs!

There's no limit on how many eggs you can eat. SW used to say no more than 10 was advised, but they've changed that since the link to high cholestorol has been disproved.

Taken from a recent SW magazine -

• Eggs are a free food at Slimming World so you can enjoy them when you want.
  • Eggs are one of the most versatile food you can buy. With 2 eggs costing around 50p, creating fresh, healthy, quick meals is easy even on a tight budget.
  • Eggs contain a range of nutrients, including high quality protein, vitamins A, B2, B12 and D.
  • All the major heart and healthy advisory groups, including the food standards agency and the British heart foundation have lifted their previous limits on egg consumption as health experts have confirmed that for most people they have a negligible effect on blood cholesterol.

Back