Too many eggs?

rosierose15

Silver Member
Hello. Someone at work said too many eggs is bad for u now I'm kinda worried I'm obsessed with omlette I have it around 4 times a week sometimes more!!

Food affects different people differently, and everyone (even with the best intentions!) has advice when you're following a plan like SW! If you've been eating omelettes 4 times a week and losing then there is no problem. If you were sitting eating 10 boiled eggs as a snack then probably not so good! Eggs are a free food do as long as you get your superfree (if you're following EE?) I see no problem. If you stop losing maybe you need to change things up a bit but otherwise I know of no egg-related issues! X

I lost 3.5 pound this week on eating that many eggs. And I am getting my super free in too. But someone said about cholesterol :-(

I use 2 every time and a dash of milk and healthy extra a of mozerella. And I always cook in fry light and make slimming world chips to go with it and spaghetti hoops. Guess what I got for dinner tonight? Lol

I think they are only a issue if you have high cholesterol issue otherwise they are fine. I eat 2 eggs 3 to 4 times a week too and sometimes even 3 when i use egg in cooking and so far i have been losing weight ok x

Yeah I'm happy with the weight loss. I'm losing weight but I am worried about my health when people say things like that. No point having a hot skinny body if your dying on the inside lol

You could have 2 eggs but only use the White of one and that way u are cutting down on the 'cholesterol' side of things?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If you don't eat the yolk of the egg you are missing out on nearly all the vitamins and minerals it contains. Not to mention the taste!!

Please do read the BHF story which Stoffie gives a link to above. There is cholesterol in lots of foods but except in very rare cases cholesterol in food does not cause high cholesterol in people.

This has been known for many years, although SW only acknowledged it fairly recently. But it will probably take decades for people to stop believing that eggs are a bad thing! I blame the Americans - they invented the egg-white omelette!!

Yeah it has been proven that they don't cause high cholesterol in people, if you're worried though sometimes places like boots and tesco do free cholesterol tests, keep an eye out and have one done.... would hopefully put your mind at rest

Do you always believe "something someone at work said?"

I've posted similar before but here is a list of things which are bad for you:

Too many eggs
Too much fruit
Too much red meat
Too much meat in general
Prawns and shellfish
Dairy products
Anything white
Anything processed
Anything sweet
Anything in pastry
Coffee/alcohol/fizzy drinks

You get the gist? What I'm trying to say is that you can find research to suggest that everything is bad for you in one form or another. Use your own sensible judgement, and don't listen to "someone at work"

Oh and as for worrying if 2 eggs in a day are bad for you, to me that's crazy, I worried I might be having too many eggs at one point, but that was because two days in a row I had 6 or 7 of them!

jaylou said:
Do you always believe "something someone at work said?"

I've posted similar before but here is a list of things which are bad for you:

Too many eggs
Too much fruit
Too much red meat
Too much meat in general
Prawns and shellfish
Dairy products
Anything white
Anything processed
Anything sweet
Anything in pastry
Coffee/alcohol/fizzy drinks

You get the gist? What I'm trying to say is that you can find research to suggest that everything is bad for you in one form or another. Use your own sensible judgement, and don't listen to "someone at work"

I don't always believe what I hear! Hence why I am asking for advice. Thanks for ur help!

I wasn't being funny, I was trying to say that people have different opinions on all food groups. If we researched everything everyone said, we'd never eat anything!

Exactly and apparently everything causes cancer. Can't even talk on my phone without someone saying that. It's really frustrating u can't do right from wrong these days can ya? Lol

Exactly and apparently everything causes cancer. Can't even talk on my phone without someone saying that. It's really frustrating u can't do right from wrong these days can ya? Lol

yep - I don't drink and apparently I should as a glass of red is good for you!!!!

Back