Too much energy!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by funcurls, 27 January 2010 Social URL.

1. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Too much energy!!
    Hi troops, I'm a bit concerned about myself- nothing serious but something that's annoying me and I could do with some advice!! In the last few weeks I seem to have lots and lots of energy, almost too much to know what to do with it! I've always loved chilling out with a good book but I can't seem to sit still and relax! The only time I'm actually able to is to go on Minimins and Facebook! But I'm not properly relaxing! I've had a week off work and back into the thick of it on Friday (shift work-I'm a nurse)so at least I'll be able to channel my energies into something worthwhile! What I need tips on is HOW to relax and not have ants in my pants all the time! I think it's partly all the nutrients I'm getting from my food, partly weighing less and partly the excitement of it all!! What I'm saying is that I want to relax, but I have the concentration span of a goldfish at the moment and need to STOP!!

ps I accidentally posted this in the recipe section (?!) so please don't shout at me!X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    lol--can't wait to get some tips because I am the same as you! OH calls me the Red Bull girl, even though I hate RB.

4. princesss01

princesss01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(20.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You should be so lucky lol! Try running around the block and then relaxing with a well deserved cuppa.

5. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

a bubble bath with candles should relax you ;)

6. BikerAngel

BikerAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    try doing a meditation just get a nice realaxing music and sit quietly with your eyes shut and listen to the music and let your mind float away with it see if that helps take you down and realax

7. eilidhsmummy

eilidhsmummy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    where abouts do you live if it is local to me you can borrow my 2yr old to tire you out lol

it works for me hehe

laura x

8. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    Have lots of sex!

It gets rid of your excess energy, burns up calories and you feel relaxed afterwards

Simples!

9. bigtummymummy

bigtummymummy Mand

Diet:
    slimming world
    Come clean my house and look after my 4 kids while i lay here on sofa lol!!!!!
    I know how you feel i think us nurses sometimes find it hard so slow down and relax as we always work at such a fast pace. How about a session at gym to tire you out, followed by steam room and jacuzi to relax, that works for me.

10. Jack_D

Jack_D Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Think i have to agree with BikerAngel, love to sit and meditate. There is nothing quite like it....

11. msblonde

msblonde a new way of living!

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(9.22%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    yup, I am with the meditation idea. I recently joined a buddhist meditation class locally, and its lovely.

firstly, we focus on relaxing all muscles from head to toe, then on the sensation of the breath as the air passes over your nostrils, and later a bit of singing (chanting meditation) which is like a lullaby, then we think of the mind as a clear blue sky, and thoughts as clouds as we watch them float in and away again.

or maybe you could do some voluntary work somewhere?

ps send some energy my way!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.