Too much mayo???

sienna89

Just a quick question about mayo. Today is my first day on induction and so far I have had fried eggs with a beef burger this morning, a tuna lettuce and cucumber salad with 3 heaped tbl spoons of mayo... The mayo I have is full fat and has 0.3 grams of carbs per tbl spoon, is this unlimited or do I count this?? Don't know how to add up the carbs, can someone help me, worried I have ruined day one now :-(

Count it, but 3 x 0.3 is 0.9g of carbs - which is just less than one carb - so it's not a huge amount.

On induction you get 20g of carbs per day to play with. 15g of that should be from vegetables on the approved list. The other 5g is where things with just a tiny amount of carbs in - like mayo, cream, eggs etc fit in.

Try using a tracker to count your carbs on. My fitness pal - website and smartphone app - is the one I use.

Don't worry about the mayo, you can eat half a bottle a day and still be well within carb allowances, i'm currently addicted to the stuff :). It's probably one of the most Atkins friendly sauces you can have, although i've found some other low carb sauces like Nando's Peri Peri spicey sauce which is similar in carbs.

Back