Too much water!!

v12345

Silver Member
Can somebody help please.
Can drinking too much water, say about 5L, decrease weight loss as it will make u retain it?
I know all about too much water causing drowning n stuff but was wondering if it decreases weight loss!
Thank u
;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i wouldnt imagine so, it more a lack of water that causes retention, prob best to seek advice from your pharmacist :)

ChuckNorris said:
i wouldnt imagine so, it more a lack of water that causes retention, prob best to seek advice from your pharmacist :)

Thanks chuck.
:D

Tori2011 said:
Hi V.... dont drink more than 5l please... water is toxic in large quantities... very dangerous... you lose Potassium in your urine too and that is essential for normal brain function.... As an example, remember Leah Betts who died from 'taking Ecstasy' it was actually water toxicity that she died from as it made her incredibly thirsty.... No more than 4 litres, lovely! Hope this helps xx

It does Hun, thank u.
:D

yes it does sweetie. i have had to lessen my water from 4 to 3lrs a day. i think leluna had the same problem. good luck:D

kerryxxx

Can somebody help please.
Can drinking too much water, say about 5L, decrease weight loss as it will make u retain it?

----------------------------------------------
I don't want to sound too negative but I think you should only drink recommended amount of water. Not long ago in our home town a woman who was on some kind of diet drank excessive amount of water and died. I am not making it up, I am trying to look up the article but can't find it. Just my 2 cents:D

Hi Guys!
I have been drinking 2 lts a day & my pharmacist said to drink 3 lts a day as Im not drinking enough, only lost 2pounds this week (week 2) so he said I should lose more next week, once I start drinking more water xxx

Dolphin... Totally agree... I read that too, here's the link (if it will let me post it!)

Water diet death: Jacqueline Henson's sister Pauline hits out at LighterLife - mirror.co.uk

Thanks Tori, that was the article. I am drinking/sipping 2 litres daily but I am being sensible about it. As for the diet itself, it's working for now however any sign of risk to my health, I will stop. So far on this forum, I haven't seen any negative views, some people have dropped out because it hasn't suited them. Take care:D

Back