TooFatKats diary of desperation ..(and hope)

toofatkat said:
That's interesting . It is pretty much a version of the sane thing. A lot of these variants also count the hours from when you last ate before bed/during the night. So that when you do start eating you've done quite a few hours fasting.

Well it's first proper day of fasting. Hubby is joining in with me. He doesn't need to lose weight but he did watch the programme last year and said it made sense so maybe I can be stronger if its both of us fasting.
Off to the gym with lexie. In my mind I see that as difficult but supposedly the athletes who train in a fasted state actually burn more of something or other?! Which is better. Who knows?!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have fun, Kat! :) xx

Have a good day :)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

So far so good. Nothing to eat since before 9 pm last night and its now 12.30. I definately prefer waiting as long as possible rather than smaller meals.

Well done Kat!

I won't be following in your approach I feel rubbish! But we all have to find our own ways! X

So far so good. Nothing to eat since before 9 pm last night and its now 12.30. I definately prefer waiting as long as possible rather than smaller meals.

That's what I did this morning too, but I only made it to 11am :) and I felt ok doing my kettercise class too !

I hold out as long as I can as well. Today I had lunch at about 12.45, I had about 150 cals.

I will have dinner between 6-7 which will probably be about 300 cals. I have got some melon which I will have about 9.30 ish when the late night munchies kick in.

I wanted to hold out as long as possible today due to taking youngest to gymnastics straight from school at 3.30. I didn't want to eat before then as I knew I would be starving so I managed until 4.00 then I ate my dates, pecans and an apple. Not much to be honest but it's just enough to keep me going until we get home at 9.30 when I'm going to have mushroom omelette and salad.
It's been successful. Not ideal timings so late but actually quite bearable. I've even survived the smell of Emily eating a Big Mac, fries and a milkshake in the car. Thankfully not something she gets very often at all. But even McDs smells good when you're hungry.
Thursdays my next fast day hope it's as good as this one

Wahoo well done Kat!

I knew you'd do it!

Like you said you just needed to plan!

And I admire how you didn't eat Emily's arm I'm not sure I'd have been so restrained today ;) xx

I wanted to hold out as long as possible today due to taking youngest to gymnastics straight from school at 3.30. I didn't want to eat before then as I knew I would be starving so I managed until 4.00 then I ate my dates, pecans and an apple. Not much to be honest but it's just enough to keep me going until we get home at 9.30 when I'm going to have mushroom omelette and salad.
It's been successful. Not ideal timings so late but actually quite bearable. I've even survived the smell of Emily eating a Big Mac, fries and a milkshake in the car. Thankfully not something she gets very often at all. But even McDs smells good when you're hungry.
Thursdays my next fast day hope it's as good as this one

Well done Kat :)

That's great! Lasting that long :) amazing !

I'm not sure lasting that long is good. The longer i went i realised that you can ignore the hunger feelings and to some extent you don't feel the hunger if you've not eaten. But the minute I'd started eating I needed more food bc I actually felt hungrier and sick . I suppose because my body had started digesting and the stomach acids were active.
Anyway sneaky weigh in to see the effects of a fast day didn't fill me with joy :( I'm actually .2 kg heavier than the day before :( ok .2 isn't much but it's still heavier. Lots of things could account for that though. Lexie thought it might have been my binge on Sunday night which it might be but even that was only 1975 cals, still just less than the normal recommended cals so that wouldn't have affected it that much. Lessons learned though wait until next Monday- official weigh day. Next fast day is Thursday.

Fasting today. Ate about 17/1800 cals each day fir the last two days and have out on 2lb this morning. Interesting to see what will happen.

I'm going to hold out as long as possible but I'm making butternut squash butterbean and bacon soup so will have that around 2 ish I think then gammon mash peas and carrots later on. Then I won't be fasting until Tuesday. My son is 21 on Monday and he wants his birthday meal at Damons in Lincoln! Great food but definately not low cal .

Interesting reading the 5:2 book. The recommended waist measurement is half of your height. Mine should be 33.5 inches and my waist is 34! :) nearly there! It may explain why I've been struggling to lose more weight. But I'll plod on.

Hope you have a great day!! Your soup sounds yummy :)

Fast day was great despite totm. I'm 1.8 lb down but that was only my gain from the up days. :( I suppose starting this on totm week probably wasn't ever likely to show a true result anyway so let's see what next week brings

I hope that weigh day shows some good results as you have done well this week... Xx

Ok I'm not at all impressed. Today is a full week if 5:2. And yesterday was an up day so I was t expecting great losses . It just marks the end of one week and also I go away today so can't weigh again until next Sunday..
Anyway yesterday was my sons 21st birthday do we went out for tea, I didn't go overboard at all. Yet I still managed to gain 4lb overnight!!! All I can hope is that the sodium levels were horrific!
So my first full week of 5:2 wasn't a good experience. My up days I didn't go over 2000 cals, my fast days were 500 yet I've still managed to go from 87.5 kg to 90.3 kg in one week!
I'm going to give it this week while I'm away. Weigh again on Sunday morning and hope like hell that my body has worked out what's going on and let's go of this fat.

Ok I'm not at all impressed. Today is a full week if 5:2. And yesterday was an up day so I was t expecting great losses . It just marks the end of one week and also I go away today so can't weigh again until next Sunday..
Anyway yesterday was my sons 21st birthday do we went out for tea, I didn't go overboard at all. Yet I still managed to gain 4lb overnight!!! All I can hope is that the sodium levels were horrific!
So my first full week of 5:2 wasn't a good experience. My up days I didn't go over 2000 cals, my fast days were 500 yet I've still managed to go from 87.5 kg to 90.3 kg in one week!
I'm going to give it this week while I'm away. Weigh again on Sunday morning and hope like hell that my body has worked out what's going on and let's go of this fat.

Oh Hun, that must be so frustrating, are you going to reduce the calories on your down days? It's very weird how different this effects people, Tara has consistently lost on higher cals on both fast and down days, I wonder whether it is down to the exercise, I think you are doing the right thing trying it for another week, it may take time for your body to adjust to it, hope the hard work shows for you next week x

I agree that is frustrating!! Def give it another few weeks .,

I was looking back last 3 weeks and my "ave" kcals over the week inc my dd was just over 1600 - myfitnesspal weekly graph .. I also WI after an up day - I know my losses would be more after my fast .. But I am sticking to my sat WI - I will still see a loss (I hope) just not as much

Apart from that I'm liking that I am finally starting to loose weight again, I had stalled for a few mths - my WOE was going ok - just no losses - eating too many kcals was my thinking! So these DD help my ave weekly kcals stay lower?? My theory lol

Back