Took a planned break off the diet for the weekend

MrsFatBum

Gold Member
Hey everyone

It was my 5 year anniversary in the weekend n my husband and i went away for the weekend. I took a break from the diet because we had alot of plans and i knew i wouldnt be able to stick to it 100%. And also because we planned to go for a meal etc. anywayyyy i do regret it a little bit coz i know i have gained. But its a time in my life that will never come again so in that sense no regrets.

I have weigh in on wednesday :S dont expect anything good. I have all my important events out of the way and i intend to stay on SS till my holiday on march 12th during which i will be doing SS+

hmmm thats all really :) hope everyones doing good xx

Planned breaks are the very best kind, MrsFB. Much better than unscheduled stops along the way! ;)

Hope you had a lovely time and that actually, the scales are kinder to you than you're expecting. Sometimes a bit of a blow out has a positive effect - tricks your body into believing the famine's over and gives your metabolism a boost!

I think because i planned it i didnt go crazy when i saw food. I think the only really bad thing i had was the meal on sunday but other than that i just ate small amounts n tried to eat as less carbs as poss.

I do hope your right n hopefully scales will be kinder. Ive started totm this morning as well so not happy coz that usually adds on a few. My periods are going bonkers at the min think its coz of the diet.

Thanks for the advice lily. Ur a star xx

Hi. How much did u gain on your planned break? I am going on holiday in a fortnight and don't want to spoil my good work.

Like Lily said, planned breaks are controlled breaks!
Let us know how you get on tomorrow x

MrsC i think i put on abt 3lbs but im kind of convinced now that its water retention coz im on my period too!

A few months ago i went to majorca for a week n stuck to the diet 100% and i lost 10lbs that week!! I wish i still had that determination!!

I think it is possible to do it without going crazy if u have chicken n salad etc n maybe a few meals in between.

Where you planning on going?

It's only a half term break to Keilder Lodges, but we eat out every night when away and I know it will spoil my holiday if I don't have a meal with the others. It's my first weigh in tonight. My trousers are loose now but for some reason I think I'm going to be disappointed with my weight loss.

Just remember its not always about the numbers on the scale. There will be weeks when you lose inches n not lbs xx

I know what u mean abt it spoiling your holiday. Plan it properly n be sensible too and you will be ok. U can easily lose whatever u put on anyway xx

Back