Took the plunge and joined a class!! :) But 100lbs to goal!!! :'(

Hiya!!

Well I joined class today, feeling very positive about the plan but my goal weight is 100lbs away!!! :cry:

Is there anyone out there who has lost a similar amount on SW that can give me any hints on how to deal with just a large amount of weight to lose?? I know the best way is probably breaking it down into 7 or 14lb chunks but I was hoping to reach target by this time next Christmas, not sure if that's possible with such a large amount to lose?

Thanks

RC
:)

Oh and btw, Happy New Year!!!!

:talk017:

Hiya

I've still got that amount of weight to lose but think that you would be putting yourself under a lot of pressure to lose that amount of weight in a year.

The average is 1-2lbs a week which could take you close to your target but won't be allowing yourself any leeway for slipups and days off - which we all (well, most of us, have).

The main thing is to not put yourself under too much pressure as that's the reason most people fall down. Definitely aim for mini targets. 7lb, a stone. Your 'stone' amount dropping.

I started SW in May 2008 and was a smidgen over 22 stone. The feeling when that stone figure dropped to 21 was wonderful. And just before Christmas I had a drop down to 18.

Those little things will keep you going xx

Remember that from small acorns grow big trees - or in other words each lb lost turns into 1/2 stone then a stone etc. Which in turns makes people even more fabulous than they are now.

Or think of being a butterfly in the pupa stage and slowly working towards emerging as a butterfly. I find thinking in these ways can work wonders for the confidence

Don't rush it! Someone in my group lost 5 stone in just under a year and she never ever had a gain, a phenomenal woman.
It doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you keep losing, you've done the right thing by joining.
Suepat is right, take it a stone at a time. xx

Half stone goals would be good. Some of the members on here were discussing rewards that they give themselves. One lady started a charm bracelet and treated herself to a new charm for every half stone. I thought that was a lovely keepsake of her achievements.

Why only celebrate once at the end of the journey? Recognise each milestone and be proud of each of the smaller achievements that go towards your ultimate goal.

Happy New Year.

x

Thank you everyone for your kind words - I love the charm bracelet idea and may well start one myself.

My biggest problem is I'm so impatient and want it all now, which has been my downfall in the past, giving up when I don't see the (unrealistic) results that I set myself. :sigh:

This time I've vowed that things are going to be different - I walked up to the class venue this morning, turned around and sat back in the car. Previously I would have talked myself out of it, saying that I don't need to go to a class because I could do it myself. Yeah right!!! Instead, I got back out of the car, went in and joined. Even that in itself felt like a victory! :0clapper:

RC
:)

Rock Chick - see, you earned the bracelet already! All set to earn the first charm now!!

xx

I lost 70lbs a few years ago with sw. I didn't always follow the plan 100% and so it took me almost 2 1/2 years to lose the weight.
If you can be focused and stay on the straight and narrow, large losses are possible. For 100lbs loss it averages out at only 2lb a week loss, so I would think this is achieveable.

You can do this and we are here to help :D

I've noticed on the boards a lot of people treat themselves after each 1/2 stone loss with little gifts, for example a charm for a bracelet or manicure. I always treat myself to a bunch of flowers. Every time I look at the flowers it reminds me of how far I have come and I try not to think of how far I still have to go.

Stupidly I gained most of the weight back, (I moved to USA in 2002 for 4 years and back then they didn't have sw) so here I am trying again.

My best piece of advice for you would be that if you ever have a blowout or gain do not be afraid of going back to class. I was embarrassed to go back when I first returned from USA, I thought everyone would think I was a failure, so I struggled on alone for far too long. :(

Massive well done for taking the plunge and joining it.. i actually think your fears are the same what ever the amount of weight loss wanted .. there are so many of us that sabotage because we want it to happen yesterday, so many of us that are over whelmed at the start, no matter whether its 1 stone or 60 stone we could do with shifting. I am with SW too .. and its amazing how it drops off.... just take it a day at a time, a week at a time and you will be amazed how soon you will be looking back in astonishment at what you have achieved....
In addition, I only joined minimins this week and its a fantastic source of support and inspiration.. go and take a look at the photos in the slide show ( up in the blue bar at the top of the page) .... jaw dropping stuff and definately some people in there that would have lost similar amounts to what you are facing.
Anyway .. good luck with your weight loss,... look forward to an amazing journey ... and dont be shy in hooking up with buddys on here ( I am just trying to get in enough posts so that i get some of the additional features activated so I can do that) ...
rght thats enough waffle lol
Klare
x

Good luck! You're taking positive steps already and I'm sure you will start to notice a difference in how you feel, how your clothes fit et.c very soon.

Why not join in the Valentine's challenge as a mini goal?

Hello and welcome! OH treats me to a Pandora charm for each half stone I lose - it's a great incentive! xx

Back