Toothpaste

I read that too - it's not mentioned in any of the LT literature I've read, or on the DVD, so I'm not sure how correct it is. I've been using regular Colgate (and Listerine Original) and am sure I'm in Ketosis, so I can only assume you must be too. You've had a good loss anyway. Maybe someone not at work can phone LT and ask?

Jon

Hi, it was probably me that mentioned it in a different thread.. My pharmasist last time defo recommended i didnt use colgate etc. I am not sure how much of a bearing this will have as you dont actually swallow the toothpaste if you get me, but he did say it was along the same lines as why you cant chew certain gums.. tried an internet search yesterday tho didnt come up with much.. will ask him again next week.. I am not sure if other toothpastes have citric acid in them which is a no no but will find out from him.. I am in ireland alothough I doubt the guidlines are different here.. but it was defo recommended to not use any other brand than the one he said (maybe they are in cahoots lol)
I wouldnt worry about it though, as it seems most people use all theother brands and still get great losses... sorry if i got any of you alarmed lol.. x and keep brushing x

lol i'm sure the pharmacist who is scaremongering(!) is just trying to be extra careful and he/she's probably got a point, but i've been on LT for nearly 23 weeks, using my normal toothpaste and its not a problem - lets just not eat it eh guys/girls!!

all i know is that gum/mints are banned, listerine mouthwash is the way formward and listerine breath strips are fine to have. what a palava eh! no wonder no one understands when we tell them about this diet!! xxx

LOL NO!! Any toothpaste is fine! My mum and dad buy whats on offer - ive used colgate, aquafresh, that arm and hammer one whatever it is and ive not once been affected!

Toothpaste will not affect ketosis! :)

The only info i could find is in regards to the ketogenic diet (the same principles as lipotrim)
It states:
The main problem with the ketogenic diet is that it requires a lot of effort, and is difficult to maintain; it must be rigidly adhered to – even the tiny amount of sugar in some medication or toothpaste can bring the body out of ketosis,

Reading up more and it seems most toothpaste contains carbs... I would say it isnt a huge factor unless you are taking meds and toothpaste etc...
My pharmacist is fab, they have been doing lipotrim for years, so i have always taken his word and will stick with the pink toothpaste during tfr... tasha x

Where would we be without a bit of toothpaste to freshen us up. Yuk. I bin brushing my tongue too and I don't think its had any effect on me. x

Yeah i got to say i got a bit scared wen i read it too coz my weight loss hasnt been great so i started really worrying wen i read dat! I doubt it effects us much thou since no one else has been told this.

Tasha where do you go to your pharmacist? i wud like to try it out if i cud coz mine's not really great.

I hope toothpaste doesnt affect it, as i have been brushin my teeth LOADS...because of the flavour! Brushing my teeth stops me thinking about food! lol

hey annmarie.. im in galway so would be a bit of a journey lol.... I am sticking to the euthymol anyhow, have gotten to like the taste of it and it does seem to be very strong for the breath and the teeth, infact think my teeth have gotten whiter from using it lol... (or that might be because I have ditched the red wine!!)
I dont think there is any need to panic atall about the toothpaste.. I know my pharmasist prides himself on the results and guidence etc so he is probably just being over cautious and really works with you to stick at it and get optimum weight loss... the euthymol is nice really so I dont mind xxx

Back