Top 3 reasons people don't succeed at losing weight

jane_doe

In my opinion, the top 3 reasons are:

1. laziness
  2. lack of hardcore motivation
  3. lack of method

Of course, i am talking about people who have a normal metabolism and are pretty much healthy but like to eat a bit too much. (aka don't have eating disorders or any kind of other diseases)

What do U think?

1. laziness
  2. lack of hardcore motivation
  3. lack of method

Of course, i am talking about people who have a normal metabolism and are pretty much healthy but like to eat a bit too much. (aka don't have eating disorders or any kind of other diseases)

What do U think?
I think it`s so true... but i really would to know how to overcome those things an do it anyway?!:D

I don't agree it's laziness. I'd put emotional eating at the top, this is a very hard habit to break.

laziness

Ouch
lack of hardcore motivation

Ouch
lack of method

Ahhh, a spammer. I've taken your spam link from your signature. Do it again and I'll ban you.

The majority of people who are overweight have either some leptin resistance or raised level of leptin causing the drive to eat. Eating too much can make it harder to exercise.

Those who don't are unlikely to have a weight problem in the first place.
What do U think?

Well...at the moment, I'm thinking "shall I ban you anyway?" ;)

I think breaking habits is a huge one as well as motivation and dealing with triggers. I also think addiction can play a part. Is it possible to be addicted to chocolate or is that a myth? We often say I'm a chocoholic. Just a thought.....

i would agree that certain foods do seem to be addictive. It seems to be that i find it alot easier to cut out chocolate altogether than to allow myself a small amount as i'm then waiting for my next 'fix' (scary lol).

I'm exactly the same. I have to have the whole thing or nothing but there is no middle ground. I find it easier to cut it out all together than try and have a couple of squares. I prefer to save up my points so I can buy something if I really am climbing the walls.

There may well be a physiological reason for these things being addictive, but I really believe that the psychological addiction/habit is much more powerful.

I also believe that people can train themselves to have just one. It takes time and work, but there was no way that I was going to let any item of food that I enjoyed have a hold over me. I couldn't promise myself that I would never touch chocolate again, so had to reform a new habit of just having one, or a bit.

I can now eat just one of anything, without having the slightest urge to have another :)

Ouch

Ouch

Ahhh, a spammer. I've taken your spam link from your signature. Do it again and I'll ban you.

The majority of people who are overweight have either some leptin resistance or raised level of leptin causing the drive to eat. Eating too much can make it harder to exercise.

Those who don't are unlikely to have a weight problem in the first place.

Well...at the moment, I'm thinking "shall I ban you anyway?" ;)

I really really really LOVE you KarionDieting. :D

:hug99:

I really really really LOVE you KarionDieting. :D

:hug99:

:D Been a long time since I was called that. Wondered who you were referring to. Then thought "d'oh...that's me" :D

Hello.. A Damsel in Distress

Hello to all

I would like to know, how do you maintain a healthy body if your work requires you to render service in the night shift? I hope you could reply back to me.

Thanks.

Oh night shifts must be very hard. Its mesisng up your bodies rhythem. I guess planning is the key. Plan out healthy meals and snacks to keep you going.

:feedtroll:

I suspect the ignorant person who posted has not battled with food all their lives!!! Ignorance is UGLY! I would rather have food issues than be ugly!!!

How rude to post some thing like that when 'it' doesnt know any thing about what us slimmers go through from day to day!!

Arrrrgh!!:flamingmad:

(sorry rant over...but this really made me mad!!)

I think boredom and frustration at denying themselves foods that once played a big part in their lives.

Reaching the 'stuck at' stage and giving up.

Convincing themselves that some people are 'just meant to be big'

I am talking from experience with these examples..but NO MORE, this time its ALL coming off and staying off! :)

Back