Top Tips!

*Cupcake*

is working hard.....
A top tip from this week's food plan from me:

I bought some cheapy microwave tubs with lids from Tesco (5 for 50p) and a bag of Frozen berries (£1.29). Divided bag between 5 so 100g of berries in each, and straight back in the freezer.

5x delicious instant fruit portions to take out the night before ready for breakfast, or in the morning before I go out for 36p each! (26p each next week as I will re-use the tubs :D).

Anyone else have a top tip? xx:)

I do that too but use old cottage cheese tubs.
My main tip to to batch cook & freeze stuff. My Hubby says if you stand still long enough in our house I may freeze you :8855:

Thank you ladies I'm gonna try that cos I love my fruit for brekie xx

Where possible I buy in bulk and freeze. This morning I got 4lb of rump steak for £10. This was 10 HUGE steaks, So portioned into 5 bags, meaning that its 5 nights dinner for me and hubby. £1 a steak isn't bad i thought. Good for red weeks.

The butchers also had 10 chicken breasts for £10 and beef ham for £5 (not sure on weight)

I also find it handy to cook and portion ahead, so on the days when I'm running about daft, I could theoretically pull a portion of soup out the freezer for lunch, and I have something frozen and ready for dinner too.

Back