topping for cottage pie??

hennyhamster

Silver Member
Tonight i am making a cottage pie but don't want to use potatoes for a topping. Any ideas?? Also thinking of mixing some laughing cow triangles with cauliflower. would this work as cauliflower cheese? Thanks x

Carrot and swede mash works great instead of potato mash.

I make cauliflower cheese all the time using laughing cow. I melt 5 with a tiny bit of milk and warm through while whisking (it goes strangely frothy!) I then pour over partly cooked cauli and then top with 28g of parmesan and bake for 30 minutes- as this contains 2 HEXA me and hubby have half each for 1 HEX

xxx

I haven't got any suede in else I would have used that. I have got a huge bag of cauliflower tho. Maybe i could do the cauliflower cheese thing and use that as a topping- Different! Or I guess I could just use mashed carrot! x

oo i could mix me cauliflower with some macaroni cheese pasta and sauce thing and have a pasta bake thingy. Got a huge bag of cauliflower- like half a carrier bag full!

Thats alot of cauliflower! i do believe britmum did somthing simalar with cauliflower cheese topping i think..

slimmingeats.com xxx

I ended up mixing the cauli with a packet of batchelors pasta in sauce macaroni cheese flavour and sticking that on top, got loads left over for today now! x

I often buy those bags of diced carrot and swede for topping cottage pie. Or mixing potato and sweet potato.

I have to do cunning things with my topping because my toddler will currently only eat concealed veg and she LOVES my cottage pie :D

I'm going to try cauli I think.

I'd have used parsnips :) I love parsnips... but usually i'd top it off with swede and carrot mash... I think it's nicer than regular mash YUM!

Back