Tortoises !

Oh ta - I'll go look! :)

Just what i was gonna say!! Shelled warriors is great.

Hi fellow tortoise lovers

we've just got a little Hermann's tortoise and I don't know anything about hibernation!!!

I'd just posted on the 'Reptiles' post before I saw this one just for tortoises

I'm a bit concerned his aquarium is too warm, we were told to keep his lights on for 12 hours during the day and the heat pad on for 12 hours during the night, it seems awfully warm with the heat pad on though. I've reduced the heat pad to 8 hours a night now.

When do they go into hibernation, how do you know :eek: and what do you do?

I feel a bit stupid asking these questions but I'd rather ask for advice than 'muddle through' and maybe make mistakes

Thank you

the Shelled Warriors website has been a god send and probably saved the life of the little tortoise we've just got. there were so many things we were doing wrong (bad advice from the pet shop) it was very scary.

I was sad to find out we have an imported one and should have bought from a UK breeder instead of a pet shop :mad:

I've got two ickle Hermanns that are now, they are 2 years old and called Henri and Mi-Shell(!). My 3 girls love them. :)

My mum has a tortoise called Killer, we pet sit when she goes on holiday, and Mia my Dobie loves watching killer wander round the garden, she even lets killer crawl up on her bed for a sleep!

I use to have to Giant Leopard Tortoises, I loved them :) They were called Eden and Asia

i have a spurr thigh called harry,hes about 10
032.jpg

Back