Total first timer on SW

soshbfly

Silver Member
Hello all. Just an introduction. Have just joined SW on Monday as very impressed with results from work colleagues. That plus the plan itself seems quite sensible & easy to follow.

I'm not a serial dieter- last major attempt was 5 years ago when I lost 30 lbs on dukan. Managed to keep it off until last year when a quick attempt to do dukan again coupled with a tough & stressful latter part of the year resulted in nearly a stone of it coming back on.

I also stopped my regular exercise which kept me steady weight wise.

So here I am nearing 45 & just feeling unhealthy. All my clothes are bursting at the seams. And I just feel yuck.

Yuck but determined & hopeful about this plan. My 1st weigh in is Monday & I think the accountability aspect of reporting in every week (& my competitive nature) will result in a perfect combination. The other aspect I like is the community bit of it. I leant on Mini-mins boards with dukan 5 years ago & credit them with loads of my success (in comparison it was super quiet when I tried again last year & thus hard to keep motivated).

So that's me. Looking forward to getting to know folks on here.

Hello! Welcome to slimming world. Good luck :D I do sw from home this time (3rd time) so get support from here and plus it's great for ideas and quick checks on syns etc. I've also put myself in the May challenge to see if that helps this month too. Something that might spur you on during first month also. Natalie x

My weigh in is tomorrow too, tomorrow counts in the challenge though ;) so we have 5 weigh ins this month! Good luck in tomorrow x

Good luck on your slimming world journey! It's my first week back on the plan after messing around for the last few months.

Back