Total Newbie......but Very Impressed!

Hi all, thought it was time I stopped lurking and said hello. I've been looking at this site for about a week, and have been really impressed! So impressed I've decided I'm going to join SW as soon as the local class starts back on Dec 29th. It helps that my friend has lost 3 stone with Sw since August. I have done SW once or twice in the distant murkey past, but managed to lose 3 stone not once...but twice with WW. I was een a WW leader for a year! I just feel now that I don't get on with their new Propoints plan...it seems to be over complicated!
So, I'm here, at my heaviest, of around 13.7 at only 5.1. I want to lose the weight in time for Summer, and have a smaller interim goal of losing weight for a week in Mid Feb in Miami (just me and the hubby whilst the kids ski with the school!) It would be nice to feel a bit better about myself before we fly off, although I don't know how much weight I could reasonably lose in that time.
So, i intend to use the time between now and Dec 29th in trying to get my head around the plan without the books.....am going to use this site and get my head around some new recipes, ideas etc.
I'm hoping you'll all be kind and share your knowledge with me.....I'm still trying to find my way around the site and setting up my profile, lol.

Talk soon,

Lucy x:p

Good luck Lucy. I'm about your height and started at 12 stone 10, I managed to lose 4 stone in 10 months, I lost the first 3 in 6 months and the final 1 in 4 months if that helps.

Wow, OMG, how quick are these replies, lol. Thanks girls...it means a lot. Will certainly look into setting up a diary when I officially start SW, and get my dreaded start weight Can't wait to get some of those fancy icons/banners/flashy things under my posts, lol.

Welcome Lucy. I too lost weight with ww but could not get on with the new pro points so after a little while on my own watching the weight go on then I joined sw. When you get your head around it it is so easy. Loads of food to eat so i am sure you will do well and will look fab in Miami.

Welcome to SW Lucy.

Different people lose at different rates, so there's no definitive answer to what you will have lost by the time you go on holiday. BUT, even if you're halfway to target by that time you'll still feel much better than if you have the same (or more) as you are now, so it's worth having a go and see how your SW journey goes.

Minimins is a great site - so much support, advice and ideas on here. Plus you have your friends experience to draw on as well. Good luck!!

Welcome Lucy x

Hi Lucy, ur from my favourite place in Wales (I'm a welshie) my parents have a caravan down rhosilli, Mewslade is my fav place to surf :) loads of great walks around there, it's so pretty! I'm pretty new as well, started a few weeks before Christmas to combat the Christmas bulge! I also read this site for a few weeks before I bit the bullet and joined. So far everyone's been really nice and supportive and being a veggie with a thyroid problem I've found lots of advice and ppl in the same boat which is great. Good luck for the plan, even I can do it it's so simple :) keep us posted!! X

Hiya Lucy and a big welcome from me too. You have made a great decision, you wont regret joining s w. You have 3 plans to chose from and can chose a different one day to day if you want to, just so long as you stick to the same plan all day. You will lose loads and still eat good healthy filling food, very little weighing and measuring. Enjoy. Just bob on here for any extra support and help, we are all here to help each other x

Wow, you are all so friendly! Just checked now, and the local class is open tomorrow....so I'm afraid I may have a bit of a clear out blitz on the chocs tonight, before I take the plunge tomorrow! I promise I'll start a diary tomorrow...and will even see if i can follow the complicated ticker tape info!

Hi, Welcome. I am relatively new on here even though i registered ages ago! I have been doing SW for a while bar the last 3 months so will be rejoining next week, i will look for you on your food diaries. You will find really easy once you get your head round it. Good luck!! xx

Hi Lucy,

Welcome to minis and SW. It's a great plan which isn't really like a 'diet' but more of a way of life. Hopefully you will enjoy it as well as losing weight. Good luck.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thats what I say when people say "you still on that diet". I get quite cross and say, its not a diet its a healthy eating plan in a structured way, and its for life" Hmmm got that off my chest lol

Good luck Lucy, SW is a great plan to follow and really fits in with family neals.
I will be starting back next week after a 4 month break but while its scary starting out its so worth it.
I think we are starting out around the same weight so I will be keeping an eye in your food diary for ideas.
Best of luck!!

Hi Lucy

Welcome!:bighug:
I am glad you have chosen SW! I did WW about 10 years ago but I didnt do it healthily and saved points all day so I could eat a big plate of pasta for tea or chips from the chippy and stay within my points. Needless to say, I couldnt maintain it and put it back on and more.

I genuinely feel differently about SW, I truly believe that I will be able to maintain the loss when I get to target as it is so natural for me to eat this way now.

PS - I bought a pair of jeans yesterday that were a size 8. Hooray!

PPS - My OH told me I am the skinniest now I have ever been, including when we used to go to the gym all the time, and we have been together for 10 years!

Anyway, good luck with SW, you have made the right choice :D

Back