Total newbie

Steveswife

Hi all, I just thought I would introduce myself. I started CD just yesterday. I have been dieting on and off for the past 9 years since the birth of my first child. I had success with WW in 2003 and lost 3st 5lb. I gained it all back with my second baby. I now have four children and am heavier than ever (15st 13lb and I'm 5ft 7ins). I've been upset and uncomfortable for as long as I can remember. I keep flitting to WW and SW and tried some fads in between. Well, I'm sick of fads and slow results. I needed to take some control and responsibility.

So, here I am. I'm on SS+ and I've been having porridge, soup, a 200cal cooked meal (white and green) and a shake afterwards. I'll not be buying the porridge again though, because it's vile. The soups I can live with. My consultant has given me a goal of 11st 5lb, but my own personal goal is 10st 13lb so that I've lost 5st and I'll be ever so slightly under a BMI of 25.

Just thought I'd say hi :wavey:

Steveswife said:
Hi all, I just thought I would introduce myself. I started CD just yesterday. I have been dieting on and off for the past 9 years since the birth of my first child. I had success with WW in 2003 and lost 3st 5lb. I gained it all back with my second baby. I now have four children and am heavier than ever (15st 13lb and I'm 5ft 7ins). I've been upset and uncomfortable for as long as I can remember. I keep flitting to WW and SW and tried some fads in between. Well, I'm sick of fads and slow results. I needed to take some control and responsibility.

So, here I am. I'm on SS+ and I've been having porridge, soup, a 200cal cooked meal (white and green) and a shake afterwards. I'll not be buying the porridge again though, because it's vile. The soups I can live with. My consultant has given me a goal of 11st 5lb, but my own personal goal is 10st 13lb so that I've lost 5st and I'll be ever so slightly under a BMI of 25.

Just thought I'd say hi :wavey:

Hi steves wife! I have pretty much walked the same path as you, dieting for the last 8 years or so switching between one plan and another because i lose patience. Cd works for me, just got to finish my journey :) you'll do great. First week is the hardest, but push through and it's plain sailing after that x

Welcome to CD and the forum! I lost about 3.5 stone a few years ago with lighter life but ended up putting it on again :( so started CD on Tuesday, it is a struggle for the first several days, but gets much easier once u get into ketosis n don't feel hungry anymore! Its an amazing diet if u stick to it, you just have to keep reminding yourself why you are embarking in this journey and it's only for a short period of your life :) I got weighed at docs on Friday and had lost nearly half a stone since Tuesday! Looking forward to my first official weigh in tomorrow. How are you getting on today? How long will u be doing CD for? This forum is great if u need any motivation or need answers! Good luck with your journey! Xx

Welcome to CD and the forum! I lost about 3.5 stone a few years ago with lighter life but ended up putting it on again :( so started CD on Tuesday, it is a struggle for the first several days, but gets much easier once u get into ketosis n don't feel hungry anymore! Its an amazing diet if u stick to it, you just have to keep reminding yourself why you are embarking in this journey and it's only for a short period of your life :) I got weighed at docs on Friday and had lost nearly half a stone since Tuesday! Looking forward to my first official weigh in tomorrow. How are you getting on today? How long will u be doing CD for? This forum is great if u need any motivation or need answers! Good luck with your journey! Xx

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm feeling quite motivated at the moment, even though I'm getting horrible hunger pangs in the evenings. This is the third day for me and it's been hard cooking a roast for my family and then just having some mushroom soup! We took the children to a theme park yesterday and they were allowed a day of treats and they had sausage and chips, ice cream and some freshly-made doughnuts. I was absolutely dying to eat them, but I resisted. I haven't veered off course once. I know that a quick doughnut might taste nice for 30 seconds, but I'd feel awful for ages about it - it's not worth it. The results after dieting and gaining a new relationship with food will definitely be worth it!

I tried the Atkins diet once, for about ten days, and I felt dreadful on it. Really down and miserable. I lost my appetite on the third or fourth day and it was horrible feeling so rubbish all the time. I've been much better on CD, no headaches (yet) and I haven't hit ketosis yet - but I can't wait for that!

Thanks for welcoming me, I hope I can keep sharing lots of good news on here :D.

Helllo. I'm on my 6th day. Measures ny ketone on day 4 and wasn't very high.

I feel quite good. Kind of over all the hunger panes.

Dint feel like I've lost weight and nit weighed myself. Will get weighed on Tuesday. Did anyone else feel like this.

Steveswife said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm feeling quite motivated at the moment, even though I'm getting horrible hunger pangs in the evenings. This is the third day for me and it's been hard cooking a roast for my family and then just having some mushroom soup! We took the children to a theme park yesterday and they were allowed a day of treats and they had sausage and chips, ice cream and some freshly-made doughnuts. I was absolutely dying to eat them, but I resisted. I haven't veered off course once. I know that a quick doughnut might taste nice for 30 seconds, but I'd feel awful for ages about it - it's not worth it. The results after dieting and gaining a new relationship with food will definitely be worth it!

I tried the Atkins diet once, for about ten days, and I felt dreadful on it. Really down and miserable. I lost my appetite on the third or fourth day and it was horrible feeling so rubbish all the time. I've been much better on CD, no headaches (yet) and I haven't hit ketosis yet - but I can't wait for that!

Thanks for welcoming me, I hope I can keep sharing lots of good news on here :D.

Well done for staying strong at the theme park. It's tough when other people around you are eating yummy things isn't it! Stick with it soon be in ketosis xxx

ellis44 said:

Dint feel like I've lost weight and nit weighed myself. Will get weighed on Tuesday. Did anyone else feel like this.

Don't pay too much attention to the ketostix they're notoriously unreliable. If you're not hungry it's pretty safe to say you're in ketosis :) yep i felt the same about WI. You will have though x

I remember when I was in ketosis with Atkins and I had a constant sweet taste in my mouth and I had virtually no appetite. I don't currently feel like I've lost anything but I'm only on day 3 and my TOTM started on Day 1 :(

Well done for staying strong at the theme park. It's tough when other people around you are eating yummy things isn't it! Stick with it soon be in ketosis xxx

Oh yes, it's definitely extremely difficult watching other people enjoy nice things. I feel like walking away from them but I don't want the diet to turn me anti-social :) x.

Don't pay too much attention to the ketostix they're notoriously unreliable. If you're not hungry it's pretty safe to say you're in ketosis :) yep i felt the same about WI. You will have though x

i took it using blood on a mates monitor. Dunno if that makes much of a difference. Looking forward yo WI but also so nervous. My dad lost loads of weight on this so i decided to di it. Enjoying most of the food but think i might miss out soups and buy double porridge on Tuesday.

Also not sure if i can use the recipes that feature on here or if i should stick to the instructions on the sachets.

Its nice to be able to ask quetions to people doing the cd on here too :)

And I cook for the people I work with (care home) so that's hard on day one I was cooking toast for someone. I was desparete to make myself some. But didn't. Was quite proud of myself as toast is my fave

Steveswife said:
Oh yes, it's definitely extremely difficult watching other people enjoy nice things. I feel like walking away from them but I don't want the diet to turn me anti-social :) x.

Understand exactly what you mean here!! I just use the time to think and remind myself why I'm doing it. Normally works, some things are tougher to hold off than others but nothing is worth me not achieving my goals x

ellis44 said:
i took it using blood on a mates monitor. Dunno if that makes much of a difference. Looking forward yo WI but also so nervous. My dad lost loads of weight on this so i decided to di it. Enjoying most of the food but think i might miss out soups and buy double porridge on Tuesday.

Also not sure if i can use the recipes that feature on here or if i should stick to the instructions on the sachets.

I didn't even know you could do it with blood lol. I like the porridge too. I stick to hot choc with a couple of porridge and bars as I enjoy the hot choc so much.

You can use the recipes if you feel you need to. But IMO and this is just my opinion what use is turning a cd sachet into a chocolate muffin? Doesn't address any of the demons that got us here? I've occasionally turned a tetra into ice cream but that's been on those days where it was something like that or an epic fail. I'd personally say go for it but not as an every day thing? Hope that makes sense x

I've stuck to all instructions so far. I'm on SS+ and I'm having the recommended amounts of chicken. fish and veg etc. I'll probably get more creative once I know what I'm doing and once my weight loss is well-established. I really don't like the porridges though, I'm going to switch to shakes for breakfast from Thursday! :)

I didn't even know you could do it with blood lol. I like the porridge too. I stick to hot choc with a couple of porridge and bars as I enjoy the hot choc so much.

You can use the recipes if you feel you need to. But IMO and this is just my opinion what use is turning a cd sachet into a chocolate muffin? Doesn't address any of the demons that got us here? I've occasionally turned a tetra into ice cream but that's been on those days where it was something like that or an epic fail. I'd personally say go for it but not as an every day thing? Hope that makes sense x

Oh, I completely agree with you there. I've read cheats about turning sachets into desserts and soups into crisps!! To me it seems to defeat the whole point about addressing your issues with food. Turning something good into a junk food! I don't think I'll be bothering with any of that because I want to completely turn my relationship with food around x.

Steveswife said:
Oh, I completely agree with you there. I've read cheats about turning sachets into desserts and soups into crisps!! To me it seems to defeat the whole point about addressing your issues with food. Turning something good into a junk food! I don't think I'll be bothering with any of that because I want to completely turn my relationship with food around x.

:) my thoughts entirely x

Yeah if your diabetic you have to keep check in ketone levels and you do this via blood.

And totally get what you mean about addressing food issues. I think i will keep to instructions i have used hot water on certain shakes though but that's okay i think.

I didn't get any of the chocolate ones. I bought the leek and potato soup which i don't like, veg soup which is bearable and tomatoe soup which is ok if you make it into the paste first.

Bought banana, fruits of the forest, vanilla and strawberry shakes. Will prob go for banana and chocolate on Tuesday.

ellis44 said:
Yeah if your diabetic you have to keep check in ketone levels and you do this via blood.

And totally get what you mean about addressing food issues. I think i will keep to instructions i have used hot water on certain shakes though but that's okay i think.

I didn't get any of the chocolate ones. I bought the leek and potato soup which i don't like, veg soup which is bearable and tomatoe soup which is ok if you make it into the paste first.

Bought banana, fruits of the forest, vanilla and strawberry shakes. Will prob go for banana and chocolate on Tuesday.

The chic one is gorgeous hot!!!!! My favourite :) xxx

I'll be trying the choc orange one tonight and having it warm. I also have choc mint and I'll try that tomorrow. I've got tomato soup but not tried it yet. I've been told by my consultant to whizz the shakes with some ice so I'll give that a go at some point too.

Back