Total Solution Alia's Fight the Fat Journey

I need to get a power washer to give my patio a good clean, it's pretty bad. I have a gardening service now to keep it under control, they come every 2 weeks at this time of year so I might see if they have one and can do it when they come next week.

killercurls, those thorns with the blackberries on them are brambles, if you dont keep them cut back they will take over everything and are really hard to keep at bay.

This was my garden transformation in 2010, that stuff growing everywhere in the first pic is brambles, they took over everything including the decking that was there.

View attachment 90216View attachment 90218
. It looksmfab hun, mine is small but twice the size of what we have - sadly when buying the house it was big house small garden or smaller house bigger garden - all the sprogs meant a bigger house with 6 bedrooms.

I'm a major porridge fan, I love it, its the high light of my day lol - i cook mine in the microwave, taking out out regularly to stir it, once quite hot i add the husks which thickens it then when done add cinniman and nutmeg. Its so filling, I feel like I have had a substantial meal

Aw thats so good to hear about the porridge Alia. I can't wait to try it. I believe my new delivery has arrived at my MIL's and will be collecting it later so could well be having porridge for dinner tomorrow :D

Aw thats so good to hear about the porridge Alia. I can't wait to try it. I believe my new delivery has arrived at my MIL's and will be collecting it later so could well be having porridge for dinner tomorrow :D

Fingers crossed you like it - nothing worse than trying something and hating it when every one else loved it x

Another thread made me think about clothes - I used to love my clothes even up to being a size 32 I had an over flowing wardrobe or two - lucky for me my ex husband works for a well know online catalogue for big women and I am able to get everything at cost price. Once I got past a 32-34 i stopped caring, in fact I sold all my clothes on an auction site. I now tend to hide behind my tents (in arabic they are called Abayahs) which are floor length 'dresses' which i put over my pjs when I go out. I don't even bother getting dressed now. I feel quite sad I lost my self esteem. I remember as a child my mum saying to me 'you have such a pretty face, shame about the rest of you' I don't think she meant to be nasty but those words have stayed with me even till now. Strange how a few misplaced words can cause such emotional damage. I've never told her how that hurt me and we have a fantastic relationship but often wonder if I need to get that off my chest. Problem is I am not a talker, I bottle things up for so long and then explode. I need to learn to express my feelings. Maybe that will come back as i gain in confidence. My hubby does n't get it, he loves me exactly as I am. I feel insecure around his family. He is ten years younger than me and we got married when he was 23 - quite a lot to take on, a divorced mum of 5, 10 years older and i can just imagine them saying to him what the hell is he doing with her. He says they dont say anything like that and i have to stop being so down on myself but its not easy, he would never understand. Hes a big bloke 6ft tall and around 21st but he has so much confidence. He talks to any one, any where at any time - even tried having a political conversation with a turkish bloke at passport control in Turkey - thank god the bloke had no idea what my hubby was talking about.

sheeesh I am going on a bit here but it is nice to have somewhere I can put my thoughts and feelings down.

Freezing cold again, I feel the cold at the best of times but since being in ketosis I find it so hard to stay warm.

jobs to do, will be back later

TTFN

Alia x

I think most of us who've been overweight for a long time have had the "pretty face" comment directed at them, I certainly have. People dont realise how hurtful it is and some people think they're being helpful, like we somehow dont know we're overweight.

I think most of us who've been overweight for a long time have had the "pretty face" comment directed at them, I certainly have. People dont realise how hurtful it is and some people think they're being helpful, like we somehow dont know we're overweight.

It is so hurtful and you are right people just dont get how hurtful they can be

Gosh reading my posts I'm going to have you lot lot think I'm sectionable by the time I'm done.

weekends are the hardest for me I think. I have a kind of routine during the week but days seem to drag Saturdays and Sundays. Hubby is off work this weekend too so I have him annoying me grrrrrr

We have a mouse! Apparently hubby and my daughter Leila saw it last night as it ran out from under the couch in the dining room, so glad I was in bed, I would have **** myself. Need to lay some traps, don't know how they get in but it needs to do one along with any of his little friends who decide to squat in my house!

I've had the 'pretty face' comment too - not very helpful is it? :sigh:

......though I do have to say Alia, you are indeed VERY pretty :)

Fantastic weight loss for you too - well done :D

I've got a lot to lose after seriously falling off the wagon last year - and I had been doing well before that.

I'm very, very positive and determined to succeed.

Onwards and downwards :D

I've had the 'pretty face' comment too - not very helpful is it? :sigh:

......though I do have to say Alia, you are indeed VERY pretty :)

Fantastic weight loss for you too - well done :D

I've got a lot to lose after seriously falling off the wagon last year - and I had been doing well before that.

I'm very, very positive and determined to succeed.

Onwards and downwards :D

hey Darcy (btw love the name)

thank you Darcy - welcome on board, I'm sure with the help,and support from all the lovely people here you will do well. Starting your own diary can help to, I waffle on on mine but its a great tool to use x

I'm the same Alia. I tend to bottle everything up as well. Except I never explode really, I just wait till I'm alone and cry for a long time lol. I wish I was one of those people that could just things that come to my mind and get it off my chest, that must be SO much easier! I doubt I'll ever be able to change that though lol.

Also. EEEEEEK! A mouse! :eek: I don't like them, they scare me. I always assume they are crawling all over me or something, ewww. How's your day going? x

I did the porridge this morning and put a sweetener tab dissolved in a bit of boiling water in with 200 ml of cold water and stirred it in then I microwaved in a fairly big plastic bowl ( this creates the heat better ) for 2.5 mins stirring every 30 seconds and it turned out lovely , it thickens up a bit as it cools but was a good consistency and tasted a lot like the oat so simple stuff :)
You need a bowl twice the size as a normal dish to stop overspill

I did the porridge this morning and put a sweetener tab dissolved in a bit of boiling water in with 200 ml of cold water and stirred it in then I microwaved in a fairly big plastic bowl ( this creates the heat better ) for 2.5 mins stirring every 30 seconds and it turned out lovely , it thickens up a bit as it cools but was a good consistency and tasted a lot like the oat so simple stuff :)
You need a bowl twice the size as a normal dish to stop overspill

Add a little cinnamon, it tastes amazing :)

I'm the same Alia. I tend to bottle everything up as well. Except I never explode really, I just wait till I'm alone and cry for a long time lol. I wish I was one of those people that could just things that come to my mind and get it off my chest, that must be SO much easier! I doubt I'll ever be able to change that though lol.

Also. EEEEEEK! A mouse! :eek: I don't like them, they scare me. I always assume they are crawling all over me or something, ewww. How's your day going? x

I always try to act like nothing is wrong but I'm apparently so transparent, people always know when there is some thing wrong.

im hungry today, its cause I've done nothing all day except catch up on tv shows i don't get chance to see during the week. I've been clock watching today, had my bar and porridge a little bit earlier today so Im ready for my shake but cant have it till 9

how have you got on so far today hun?

Same here lol. I usually go very silent or make some sort of face lol

Oh no! Have some of that lovely cherry coke zero! I've only had half a shake and a quarter of a bar so far! I didn't realize it was already 7! I caught up on a lot of my tv shows last night lol. I've been alright today just have a huge headache which is very annoying! x

I've been catching up with shows while I braid today too, am up to date with Glee, Beauty and the Beast and now catching up with The Following, I got so behind on all of them.

Alia why do you have to wait til 9.00 to have your last pack? I try to always have mine earlier, I seem to do better having it about now than leaving it til later.

Oh dear, a mouse :(
I feel your pain there Alia. I had them a couple of years ago. Field mice :(
There is never just one mouse. I used bait, as there is no way I could have released them from the traps myself :(. Makes me feel kinda sick thinking about that :(

Back