Totally confused

Tinkerbelle888

:cry:
I've been on a low fat diet since the beginning of January, and with my Doctors help started on Xenical on February 8th. My GP advised me to * let my hair down* on weekends, as because I'm an emotional eater I would end up giving up on healthy eating. ( Yet again. )
I weighed myself when I started on the Xenical and I was 15 stone exactly. :eek:
That's the heaviest I've ever been.
Last night I weighed myself on our home scales and I weighed in on them at 14st 3!
So I toddled off to my GP this morning, feeling happy and confident, she weighed me and I've only lost five pounds! *GUTTED* However, she was delighted and said I am looking really healthy, and a weight loss like this is the best way to keep it off and maintain it.
How could my scales be so wrong?
Mind you my clothes are all getting very loose....
Still, I'm totally confused.
* Sobs*

I think my weight loss ticker needs adjusted and I'm craving high fat crisps. See? Emotional eating kicking in already. * Sniffle*

Hi Tinkerbelle!

Did you get weighed at home at the same time of day that you got weighed at the doctors? Also, scales vary from set to set, my friend had a similar experience to you recently, she'd been going by her scales, and she'd lost nearly a stone, and whilst the scales at the doctors also said that she'd lost nearly a stone, the doctors weighed her stone heavier!! She was mortified bless her.

Don't worry too much about your scales, either keep a track of both scales if you wanted to, but you'd be better just going by the ones at the doctors.

Well done on your loss, you've done really well!!

Besides the figures on the scales, its your actual figure that people see, and for your clothes to be fitting better/looser, then your obviously doing a great job!!

Well done again on your loss!

Passiflora you angel, you have cheered me right up! I've gone a bit scale mad, and I jump on one every time I pass it.
I was just so surprised as I really thought I'd lost more. However I bought a lovely top last night in a size smaller so I'll keep that thought in mind. This is why I love this forum everyone knows how to encourage just when we need it. Why does food have to be so tempting and lovely lol xxxx

Totally agree tinkerbelle!! Everytime I go swimming, I leave the changing room full of gusto and smugness as the activity and exercise I've just done, then I pass the vending machine and have to prized away from it, finger by finger!! Everything just looks so good in there!!

One day I'll walk straight past it without looking!!

It's such a good feeling buying clothes in a smaller size isn't it!

Hiya Tinkerbell,

weighing yourself at the same time ie as you wake up is best...I make sure my Dr see's me 1st thing so I have my breckie after I see him !!
Make sure you take your measurements as the scales don't tell you everything !!
I am sure you will do well and we are here to support you :):)

Hi Rachel thanks again for your lovely messages and encouragment. I am such a blonde, of course I'm losing it in inches! All my clothes are loose lol. So I must get hubby to measure me today! Thanks sweetie
xxxx

your welcome hun, :) how you feeling now? I am also a big emotional eater, if anything upset me i would turn to food for comfort!! Its not easy to break a cycle that you have been doing for so long. You have made a great start though, and its brilliant that your clothes are getting looser, i have lost weight and inches, my clothes tell me this, but when i look at myself i dont see any change which does get me down and sometimes then i just want to reach for a big bar of chocolate or a bag of crisps :( but i dont, which takes alot of will power!! I am here if you ever feel like that yourself and need a chat!!

Aw Rachel thanks!
I've just uploaded some before and after photos of me at Christmas and me now. I'm not sure how to post photos so I think they are back to front ( I'm a nerd at computing lol.) I also think it was an unwise idea to post a photo of me with my size 10 daughter in law lol x

Hi Sharon and thanks for the lovely support. This really is a great forum for encouragement as eating healthily is a way of life, and I wish I'd found it ages ago!
You are doing so well, we were around the same weight when we started and both on xenical! So we are on a journey together lol xxxx

Great that your losing inches too Tink:)

It's great supporting each other ...we all understand how hard this is but we can win this battle together and feel so proud of our achievement with weight loss :)
It's so amazing ow different we feel losing weight I am so energetic and full of life ......
:)

Back