Totally disheartened - or could it be inches rather than lbs?

Starlight

Gold Member
I had a quick weigh in at my mums today and it appears Ive lost nothing AGAIN!!!!!

However my mum took my usual monthly photos and theres much more of a difference than I expected.

Could I be losing inches but not lbs? Or am I kidding myself on

I had a quick weigh in at my mums today and it appears Ive lost nothing AGAIN!!!!!

However my mum took my usual monthly photos and theres much more of a difference than I expected.

Could I be losing inches but not lbs? Or am I kidding myself on

That could definately be the case Starlight, honestly I'm not just saying it to make you feel better. When I did WW years ago I found this happened to me and my mum during the diet. So don't you worry yourself love. Glad you can notice it in the photos, it's great when you see a difference isn't it. Have you put the piccies in your gallery?
Also as you know weight does fluctuate from day to day so when you wi tomorrow you may find you have lost.
Did you have a nice meal with your parents?
xx

Do you not do your measurements, I think as you get slimmer the inches tend to move quicker as the weight slows down. Though you have done fab so far and are due a plateau then im sure you will be on a roll again soon.

i used to think like this all the time, then a trainer at the gym asked me this question
would it really matter how much you weighed if you were as size 10 or would it be more important to you to be 9st but still a size 18?
I realised that the size my body is has more importance to me than my weight, (especially when people the same size can be various weights anyway) and that really helped me feel great when my inches had decreased even if the scales havent.

Another reason that sometimes the scales dont move is that your fat cells release fat but can actually take in water. Water weighs heavier than fat so it looks like you havent lost weight, but you have. It can sometimes take 6weeks - 3months for all this water to be released fully.

Try not to feel too disheartened.

sil

Starlight love please don't worry :hug99:, I can totally understand you feeling disheartened but don't let this pull you down.
Sonkie is right you do reach a plateau in diets but the thing is you can see the difference in yourself. It's so hard not to do (I'm guilty of it as well) but we put so much emphasis on our wi's and what the blooming scales say that we can't see what is staring us in the face. You've noticed you've lost inches which is fantastic, that is what you want love.
Stick with it and don't let it get you down, you're doing really well and can notice a difference. You've come so far and you are such an inspiration to so many people and you will get there it's just that some weeks can be slower than others.
Be strong, you can do this :hug99::hug99::hug99:
xx

Still at my parents so just popping on for a min :)

Its just really hard not to be anxious when youre seeing no movement on the scales. I was actually talking about giving up WW earlier but Im past that (for now)

Ok I need some honest answers here.... Ive posted last months and this months side on photos, does there really look much difference, considering theres only something stupid like 5lbs of a difference weight wise?? Course I realise youre all probably too nice to say 'Nope dont see any difference in you at all' lol

Excuse the miserable scary face in the second face on one but Id only just come off the scales and had a bubble... not a good look at all :eek:

Attachments

• June,07 003.jpg
    June,07 003.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 83
  • Going down 002.jpg
    Going down 002.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 53
  • June,07 001.jpg
    June,07 001.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 54
There is definitely a difference, honest honey. I did Atkins a few years back - lost a couple of stones but dropped something like 5 sizes :eek: So sometimes it really is a case of dropping inches instead of lbs. It is one of those things I have said to clients myself - sometimes it's about the size that you are rather than just what the scales say :hug99:

I can honestly see a difference as well love. I tiled the piccies so I had them side by side full screen and yes I definately can.
You've also lost it in your face as well :)
Please, please, please whatever you do don't give up WW, you've come this far and you're doing so well. You'll regret it if you do give up, ok so you stayed the same last week and possibly this week but you can see it coming off. Nobody else knows what the scales say all they know is that when they see you they can tell you've lost weight and in all honestly that's what we want isn't it.
Sending you mahoosive hugs (((())))
xx

Im just so disheartened tho my official wi isnt til tomorrow... so fingers crossed

I should have done my measurements :( There definitely looks like a difference but if theres no weight loss again this week I just dont know what Ill do :(

You will stick with it.......even on cd we have the occasional plateau.....you have lost an amazing amount of weight.
Take your measurements now and see from here in.

Hiya! Long time no speak:eek:

Strictly speaking, it isn't a plateau until the wait stops for about 3 weeks or more. Once it reaches 3 months onward of no loss and sticking to the diet, it gets a nice new name. A stall.:cool:

You might be going into a plateau, it's hard to tell. There is never any warning.

Okay. More bad news, but I'll give you the good bit in a minute.

If it is a plateau, then there wont be any inches lost. It might look like there is, but it's a redistribution of weight. Also, did you know that the average dieter has 4-8 plateaus during their weightloss 'journey'?

Nobody really knows why they happen, but I think the general opinion is that there is a sort of body memory. There seems to be set points that your body tries to stay at. I've noticed this not only when I've lost weight, but when I've gained.

The other reason is that its thought that as you lose the fat, you get a water rush to stop your body going into shock.

I like to think of it as my body sorting itself out ready for the next drop :clap:

The good news.
They are only temporary. Stalls are rare. Try and look at it positively. Body getting ready for the next stage etc

Be patient hun. You've done so well, your body probably needs a rest just now;)

Hi Sandy

Dont give up!!! You are doing so well, dont let this blip beat you!! I completely agree with Karion, I have noticed that there are weights that my body just seems to "love" and no matter what I eat or dont eat it will stay there for a few weeks and then move up or down.

I know how you feel, any diet plan is much easier to stick to as long as you see results - and you are - just not in the number form. There is a REAL difference in your pics. Think of it this way - you are enjoying the food you are eating - there isnt too much of a sacrifice (its not like not losing on CD - that would be unbearable) and you can hold on for another few weeks until your body sorts it all out.

We all think the world of you and are 100% behind you - things will change soon.
HUGS
Ax

i used to think like this all the time, then a trainer at the gym asked me this question
would it really matter how much you weighed if you were as size 10 or would it be more important to you to be 9st but still a size 18?
I realised that the size my body is has more importance to me than my weight, (especially when people the same size can be various weights anyway) and that really helped me feel great when my inches had decreased even if the scales havent.

Another reason that sometimes the scales dont move is that your fat cells release fat but can actually take in water. Water weighs heavier than fat so it looks like you havent lost weight, but you have. It can sometimes take 6weeks - 3months for all this water to be released fully.

Try not to feel too disheartened.

sil

Thats an excellent way of looking at things... thanks for that :)

Wow is that the difference in only a month.......there is a difference omg

Do you think so? Its only about half a stone at the most in weight, other months Ive lose more weight wise but havent seen such a difference. Im going to go with my blue top on again tomorrow and get photographed in it and outside and in a more flattering light (what the hell is with my face and neck in that photo :rolleyes:)

Thats cheered me up a bit - thanks sonkie *HUGS*

Hiya! Long time no speak:eek:

Strictly speaking, it isn't a plateau until the wait stops for about 3 weeks or more. Once it reaches 3 months onward of no loss and sticking to the diet, it gets a nice new name. A stall.:cool:

You might be going into a plateau, it's hard to tell. There is never any warning.

Okay. More bad news, but I'll give you the good bit in a minute.

If it is a plateau, then there wont be any inches lost. It might look like there is, but it's a redistribution of weight. Also, did you know that the average dieter has 4-8 plateaus during their weightloss 'journey'?

Nobody really knows why they happen, but I think the general opinion is that there is a sort of body memory. There seems to be set points that your body tries to stay at. I've noticed this not only when I've lost weight, but when I've gained.

The other reason is that its thought that as you lose the fat, you get a water rush to stop your body going into shock.

I like to think of it as my body sorting itself out ready for the next drop :clap:

The good news.
They are only temporary. Stalls are rare. Try and look at it positively. Body getting ready for the next stage etc

Be patient hun. You've done so well, your body probably needs a rest just now;)

Thanks KD... jings I think Id shoot myself if I had a 3 month plateau!!

I hope its VERY temporary - this is just totally demoralising

Hi Sandy

Dont give up!!! You are doing so well, dont let this blip beat you!! I completely agree with Karion, I have noticed that there are weights that my body just seems to "love" and no matter what I eat or dont eat it will stay there for a few weeks and then move up or down.

I know how you feel, any diet plan is much easier to stick to as long as you see results - and you are - just not in the number form. There is a REAL difference in your pics. Think of it this way - you are enjoying the food you are eating - there isnt too much of a sacrifice (its not like not losing on CD - that would be unbearable) and you can hold on for another few weeks until your body sorts it all out.

We all think the world of you and are 100% behind you - things will change soon.
HUGS
Ax

I can honestly see a difference as well love. I tiled the piccies so I had them side by side full screen and yes I definately can.
You've also lost it in your face as well :)
Please, please, please whatever you do don't give up WW, you've come this far and you're doing so well. You'll regret it if you do give up, ok so you stayed the same last week and possibly this week but you can see it coming off. Nobody else knows what the scales say all they know is that when they see you they can tell you've lost weight and in all honestly that's what we want isn't it.
Sending you mahoosive hugs (((())))
xx

Thanks guys its just so disapointing at least I know Im not alone in this happening to. Tho it doesnt make it any easier at all.

Thanks for being here
*HUGS*

I hope its VERY temporary - this is just totally demoralising

Ahh, sure it will be. Besides, it's not weigh in day until tomorrow. You never know.

If you were going to a club, you'd see that this happens all the time and you probably wouldn't be so panicky. Sundays is always a tough day for you, and then look what Monday brings!:clap:

Me thinks you need to take Valium on Sundays;)

As I said, it's just your body settling with the extra water/distribution thingy. Very normal

Back