totally fed up

xxchristiexx

Team Reem
Ahhhh i am sooooooo fed up dietin! For the past 5 years iv been doin it on and off and not really getting anywhere! I am not huge im a size 14 but ideally wud like 2 stone off but am so fed up!!iv done ww and sw i am fed up!! I hate at weekend when my OH is havin a treat and i cant have one and when im out for dinner i cant eat what i want to! And to be honest im so unhappy when im dietin..

So iv decided that im going to eat normally, three meals a day, switch white bread to brown bread and only have 2 slices a day, cut out on fizzy drinks and drink more water, cut back on crisps n choc but if i do want one i am goin to have them just not loads, do more exercise and when it cums to the weekend i am goin to enjoy myself, i no that i am not goin to have great losses doin this but i feel this is the only way i can do it as then it wont feel like a diet, does that sound strange? Just sick of the word diet as u can imagine! Has any1 any tips or advice to sorta help me? My mum does the cooking in my house and she always cooks healthy things for me and her anyway, she doesn’t deep fry anything and if she frys in a pan she uses one cal spray, look forward to hearing from you all

C xx

First of all have a :hug99: from me.

I do understand how you feel and it is hard when you feel so unhappy while trying to loose weight; I've been there many times myself over the last 4 years. We also have around the same amount to loose as I am a 14 at the moment and 2 stone is my target long term.

Your idea sounds great and sensible to me and it is similar to what I have done recently. I didn't do anything drastic but I made small changes which is what you have suggested you do.

I cut back on chocolate and cake, swapped pasta and rice for wholewheat and brown varieties, swapped potato for sweet potato and upped my vegetables. I also started frying a lot less and using less oil.

Even though I have made those changes I still have what I fancy, just in smaller portions. If me and OH want to go for a curry then we go, we enjoy it and then we're back on track the next day, if I'm going for dinner with friends and I want a dessert then I do and I enjoy it but as long as I don't eat like that all the time then I think it's ok.

Weight loss won't happen if we're not enjoying what we eat so the changes you have mentioned are fantastic and a great way to eat healthily but still enjoy your food and time with your OH to share treats together.

Aw thanks for the hugs, so glad iv found some1 whose on my wavelength! Lol yeah just makin small changes is enuf i think and like u say if u want to do sumthin ul do it but jus get on track the next day!i think this is a sensible way to be a u still need to enjoy life! Also when im hungover i need bad food lol and i wanna be able to do that without worryin bout a set of scales every week lol..Yeah ur exactly right there wont be a weight loss if u dont enjoy wat u eat! This week has been very bad as my thingy (lol) is due so i want everythin is sight! Also goin on hen weekend next fri morning so thats gona be a bad weekend!lol although i dont tend to be too gud at weekends anyway lol also i luv cheese and wud rather have that than chocolate! (not loads of course!) do u think I would be best startin the Monday after the hen weekend or just go for it and start 2moro? How often do u weigh yourself? Do u keep a food diary?
xxx

I'm the same when I'm hungover, me and OH had a wedding bank holiday weekend, I felt pretty sicky on the Sunday so when we got home at 10pm I decided the only thing to sort me out was chicken kickers from Dominos (I have a bit of an obsession with them lol). I'm the same when my monthly friend is due, it's all munch munch munch :)

If you start tomorrow and you'll enjoy the hen weekend without feeling guilty then go for it, but if it means you'll enjoy the hen weekend more if you start Monday then maybe that's the best option for you.

I weigh once a week on a Friday morning and don't keep a diary, partly because I usually forget to write things down and partly because it doesn't always fit in with work etc.

Ahhhh i am sooooooo fed up dietin! For the past 5 years iv been doin it on and off and not really getting anywhere! I am not huge im a size 14 but ideally wud like 2 stone off but am so fed up!!iv done ww and sw i am fed up!! I hate at weekend when my OH is havin a treat and i cant have one and when im out for dinner i cant eat what i want to! And to be honest im so unhappy when im dietin..

So iv decided that im going to eat normally, three meals a day, switch white bread to brown bread and only have 2 slices a day, cut out on fizzy drinks and drink more water, cut back on crisps n choc but if i do want one i am goin to have them just not loads, do more exercise and when it cums to the weekend i am goin to enjoy myself, i no that i am not goin to have great losses doin this but i feel this is the only way i can do it as then it wont feel like a diet, does that sound strange? Just sick of the word diet as u can imagine! Has any1 any tips or advice to sorta help me? My mum does the cooking in my house and she always cooks healthy things for me and her anyway, she doesn’t deep fry anything and if she frys in a pan she uses one cal spray, look forward to hearing from you all

C xx

Hello hun, firstly welcome! I am a size 14 swell and totally hate it, used to be a size 10 but nandos ruined my figure haha, i totally understand how you feel and i have tried every diet under the sun and none have ever worked, and to the extent where i blame my yo-yo diets for how much extra weight i gained over time.
Could I give some advice? I decided I just wanted to cut back on food, change it for healthier options however after a few weeks I found myself eating whatever I used to eat because I didn't see much of a difference and thought *whats the point?*, I joined on here and saw calorie counting, I always heard about it but thought that would never work, you have to go on a fad diet to loose any weight, I was so wrong!! I have been calorie counting for around 2 months, lost 10 pounds so far, I don't feel like i am dieting at all, I feel like I eat more, im full up quicker, and I eat the yummiest foods!
To loose a pound a week you should get rid of 3500 calories a week out of your normal eating, that can be done with a bit of exercise, eating less or both, so most people eat 1500 calories a day and loose a pound a week, those 500 calories could be just a swap of a normal pizza to a low calorie one that is still just as tasty! Hope that may help you out, its really simple and A pound a week dont sound a lot, but once it all adds up your soon be loosing stones!

Hey thank you for your advice, i was actually thinkin that myself i actually have an account set up on my fitness pal it worked it out for me and said i should be consuminh around 1480 per day, can i ask do u include ur fruit n veg in calorie counting? i just dont like the thought of countin fruit n veg!lol could i also ask have u changed certain foods or do u eat what you want and just count it in ur allowance?what wud u typically eat in a day?sorry for all the questions!lol xx

I've actually cut out the crisps and chocolate altogether. I think it's easier for me that way. I can see where you're coming from. The thought of going without the occasional Chinese or Indian or glass or two of wine would make my program harder to manage.

Hey thank you for your advice, i was actually thinkin that myself i actually have an account set up on my fitness pal it worked it out for me and said i should be consuminh around 1480 per day, can i ask do u include ur fruit n veg in calorie counting? i just dont like the thought of countin fruit n veg!lol could i also ask have u changed certain foods or do u eat what you want and just count it in ur allowance?what wud u typically eat in a day?sorry for all the questions!lol xx

Sometimes I count the calories, depending on what fruit it is, like a banana I count if I have already eaten quite a bit in terms of calories as they have around 100 calories, I however don't think counting calories in fruit and veg is necessary if your eating a well balanced diet as fruit and veg are needed so I wouldn't become to obsessed with how many calories there are in them. I have changed the foods I eat in terms of not buying the cheapest food I can find haha, as a student I cant really afford to buy fresh ingredients all the time so I go to adsa which have 5 frozen meals for 4 pounds and I get a few of them which are all low cal, low fat, low sugar and low salt and the ones I usually buy are pizza, chicken tikka, lasagne, mexican chili and wedges, shepards pie and so on, so it defiantly does not feel like I am not eating what I want because its still REALLY nice food then a few times a week I will buy chicken or something and make something out of a cook book with lots of fresh ingredients, I also have snak a jacks throughout the day as I am a total crisp addict, however I have always liked snack a jacks and them being low cal is perfect hehe, and then occasionally I will have a pudding from weight watchers or something. Calorie counting is soooo easy! and you still eat normal food, its just looking at the back of the packet, its shocking when you realise you had been buying ie a pizza that has 800 calories in, eating the whole one and then wondering why you was gaining weight, when now i buy one that is actually much nicer and for only 300 cals :D and it does work, i am one pound off loosing my first stone in 8 weeks!

Back