Totally new to this! :/

weeblewobble89

Hii, im totally new to this and dont really know where to start!

Ive joined as ive got to a ridiculous stage with my eating habits and it just seems to get worse and worse, constantly comfort eating and just cannot get motivated at all!

if there is anyone out there with the same issue, or advice or anything at all .. i would really appreciate it :)

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You've made the right move of joining an online support group.

Why don't you join a weight loss group like weight watchers? I've been with them for 2 weeks now and it's great so far.

I'm sure they will help you with motivation and emotional eating.

Good luck!

Hi im new and just finding my way around this site. I'm also guilty of boredom/comfort eating and my eating habits are totally out of control so I'm giving hypnotherapy a try. Have had two sessions so far and it does seem to have changed the way I think about food but I did have a relapse at the weekend but fingers crossed back on track now!

Hi there , I'm new today and I'm on my second day of dieting I'm doing porridge , shake and soup so far so good

Laura :) xxx

Same hear darls , but I sticking to this then once I have been on it 2 to 3 weeks I'm going too do more excise as I think it will be alittle easier for me as I should of loss some weight , so fingers crossed

Laura :) xxx

Hii, im totally new to this and dont really know where to start!

Ive joined as ive got to a ridiculous stage with my eating habits and it just seems to get worse and worse, constantly comfort eating and just cannot get motivated at all!

if there is anyone out there with the same issue, or advice or anything at all .. i would really appreciate it :)

Hi WW, Welcome to this fab forum.

Thought I would get in with a welcome before other people completely take over your thread!!..lol!..:D

Think we all suffer from this same sort of habit one way or another, main thing is not to blame yourself and feel that you are a waste of space.
When you find that another packet of biscuits is about to attack you, DO something to take your mind off it. I find my best ever diversion is logging on here and trawling thro' the diaries or seeing if I can encourage someone - it's marvellous therapy.

Ther are TWO things that are hard in life - The first is to decide what it is you want to do and the second, which is the hardest, is to stick to it!! That doesn't mean you won't have a blip every so often, you wouldn't be human otherwise. When it happens just pick yourself up and get back to it a.s.a.p.!!

Take care and I wish you all the very best...:)

Eating when bored is a classic... And one I'm guilty of......Keeping busy helps.....it helps me anyway.....and feeling angry at whatever or whoever makes me want to be good and prove myself... Well that's me anyway..... X

heyy everyone :) thankyou sooo much for all your responses and support.

Its amazing to know that your not the only one with these feelings and comfort eats, no one im close to seems to understand (im the funny chubby one in the group) lol

One of my biggest fall backs when on a diet is something causing me to emotionally eat. like recieving bad news, or doing something like an essay or report/revising etc..its like i need the junk to get through doing it.

My mum mentioned aversion therapy i think its called, where you have an elastic band on your wrist and give it a 'twang' everytime you want to eat lol - not too sure how it would work though.

Is this something anyone has ever tried?? Any other tips and advice are really appreciated! just chatting on this makes me feel a whole lot more postive about weight loss!!

:)

xxx

Hiya
Oh yes,boredom and comfort eating...the old devils on the shoulder. I've recently taken up a new hobby...keeping my hands busy seems to help! I do find TV is the killer ....so I've made a rule...we bought so e new sofas ( ok a bit extreme) but the new rule is we are not allowed to eat on the sofa...only at the dining room table...it's working so far!
Keep smiling
Gem

Good rule... Would never work in my house... Eating together is great and sometimes involves the sofa... Especially if it's a treat day like Friday... Hence why I am restarting today.... Hardest day first ... X

sigourney said:
Good rule... Would never work in my house... Eating together is great and sometimes involves the sofa... Especially if it's a treat day like Friday... Hence why I am restarting today.... Hardest day first ... X

It's hard here too...especially at breakfast and in the evenings but it seems to be working 7 lbs off in 2 weeks! Yay!
Good luck!
Gem

Welcome. I am new to but would like to be able to chat to other people loosing weight which is what tempted me to join this
Good luck

Shellpot said:
Welcome. I am new to but would like to be able to chat to other people loosing weight which is what tempted me to join this
Good luck

Hi check out a new thread.... On families ... " need support... ? We are here for you " we started it s couple of days ago think will be a big hit x

Back