totally off topic - water in fridge??

dizzydawnie

Silver Member
Hi
Don't know if any of you know much about Fridges but I do know I know diddly squat! :rolleyes:

I've noticed that there is a collection of water in the bottom of our fridges where the salad draws sit, I've emptied it out and cleaned it all but it is all now back. I've turned the thermostat down, but to no avail. I don't really want to fork out for a new fridge as this is only 5 years old.

Anybody have any suggestions please??

TIA xx

Normally because it needs defrosting. Unless you have frost free fridge then you have a blockage at back where water drains out usually a small hole there

Normally because it needs defrosting. Unless you have frost free fridge then you have a blockage at back where water drains out usually a small hole there

I absolutely knew this was the right place to ask!!

Thank you Shazza - when I get home I will go look for a small hole that is blocked!!

:)
x

If it is a blockage then you can use a bicycle pump to blow it out, ideally you cut off the metal bit at end of the bike pump thing and put the rubber bit in hole and then pump it a few times. My brother is in the appliance business and he gave me this tip years ago and I have used it many times. It is usually a bit of food that has got in hole and swelled. Good luck

If it is a blockage then you can use a bicycle pump to blow it out, ideally you cut off the metal bit at end of the bike pump thing and put the rubber bit in hole and then pump it a few times. My brother is in the appliance business and he gave me this tip years ago and I have used it many times. It is usually a bit of food that has got in hole and swelled. Good luck

Thanks for this i was just browsing site and came across this thread and i have the same problem! Thanks so much! xx:)

Back