Totally syn free cake!

I'm loving the sound of this, I know what im doing tomorrow.

Thank you for the recipe x

Try not cooking it as long, mine was a tad dry round the edges, so im guessing the cooking time depends on your microwave wattage. I did mine for 10 minuates, but next time I think ill try 8 mins then just keep an eye on it till it starts coming away from the edges

Is it really possible for scan bran to be edible and taste good? Im not so sure. I love the weetabix cake even though it isnt syn free it is low and delicious!

sm1ler said:
Is it really possible for scan bran to be edible and taste good? Im not so sure. I love the weetabix cake even though it isnt syn free it is low and delicious!

Please could you post the weetabix recipe , I'd love to have a go !

OMG i have just made this ginger cake and topped it with cream made with quark and vanilla extract and sweetener and it is gorgeous. Thank You so much, will hopefully keep me on the straight and narrow now!

I've just made this and it's nice but want to try it with the quark on top.
I want to eat something so yummy and not feel guilty, I think this could be it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you. Lovely recipy!!!

OMG i have just made this ginger cake and topped it with cream made with quark and vanilla extract and sweetener and it is gorgeous. Thank You so much, will hopefully keep me on the straight and narrow now!

I made the same tonight but crumbled 4 maltessers on top, the naughty factor but not that bad and yes I gave the rest of the maltessers packet to my OH

I made this yesterday. As others said, I also mixed quark with some splenda and spread it over the top. It's and spongy and you could almost imagine you're being naughty. If it was next to a 'real' cake, you'd never go for it, but as a substitute to keep you on the straight and narrow - its really good!

Plus the scan bran works its magic ;) if you know what I mean!

Do you think it will work in muffin pan in the regular oven? Has anyone tried it in a oven?

saramorley64 said:
At the risk of sounding thick is it 5 packs of scan bran or 5 slices? :-/

5 slices. If you ever manage 5 packs, don't ever be more than one metre away from the loo!

5 slices. If you ever manage 5 packs, don't ever be more than one metre away from the loo!
:8855:
Thanks for that. I neede a good laugh!!!

Please could you post the weetabix recipe , I'd love to have a go !
Found this on a mummy forum. apparently it is from the SW website.

2 weetabix
1/2 pint of milk
1/2 pint water
113g of sultanas
113g of self-raising flour
14g of sweetner
1 tsp of mixed spice
1 egg
Add the weetabix and sultanas to the liquid and let them soak up all the milk and water, then add the flour, sweetner, mixed spice and egg, mix well and place in a tin and cook for 1 1/4hrs at 180

Back