Totally syn free cake!

How do I upload a photo from my iPhone or iPad ? I've made a lovely cake & I want to show it off !! ( before its gobbled up !!)?

If this worked you should be able to see my cake !!

Attachments

• image-1332086484.jpg
    image-1332086484.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,654
How many syns is the weetabix cake?? It sounds and looks very scrummy
I went back and realised I did not copy it all:

"The recipe was the one on the SW site

2 weetabix
1/2 pint of milk
1/2 pint water
113g of sultanas
113g of self-raising flour
14g of sweetner
1 tsp of mixed spice
1 egg

leave the weetabix and sultantas in took soak up all the milk and water, then add the flour, sweetner, mixedspice and egg, mix well and place in a tin and cook for 1 1/4hrs at 180.

It serves 12 and it is 3 1/2 syns per slice.

Muis said:
I went back and realised I did not copy it all:

"The recipe was the one on the SW site

2 weetabix
1/2 pint of milk
1/2 pint water
113g of sultanas
113g of self-raising flour
14g of sweetner
1 tsp of mixed spice
1 egg

leave the weetabix and sultantas in took soak up all the milk and water, then add the flour, sweetner, mixedspice and egg, mix well and place in a tin and cook for 1 1/4hrs at 180.

It serves 12 and it is 3 1/2 syns per slice.

Thank you!!! Might just have to give it a go :)

Hi can someone let me know what the oat bran from h&b looks like? Is it like porride oats or in a bar? X
Not sure how much to use for the recipy? Could it be same amount of weight?

Just made this scanbran ginger cake but added a drop of rum essence. It was pretty damn good but TBH, I think I should have taken it out the microwave slightly earlier as mine was slightly dry. And....my ginger spice me thinks is way past its sell by date as it was a little overpowering.

That being said, it was still a lovely slice of cake to have with a cuppa and put me feet up. Decided to give it a go but use grated apple next time and fresh grated ginger (stupidly already had in and didn't use). This should make it sweeter if used with slightly more sweetner & still keep it moist. Gonna try the quark topping with vanilla extract & sweetner but with lemon zest in it for a gorgeous lemon flavour!

Giggling because this is one cake that the pups won't be enjoying. I usually make stuff, not like it and the fur babies get the benefit but not this time......they're sat now licking their lips in hope heehee!

This recipe is on sw website + says its 8 and half syns for whole cake. I'm confused cos can only see scan bran as a synned ingredient if not using for hex b + wonder where the other 3 and half syns come from. Any ideas?

This recipe is on sw website + says its 8 and half syns for whole cake. I'm confused cos can only see scan bran as a synned ingredient if not using for hex b + wonder where the other 3 and half syns come from. Any ideas?

The one listed as 8.5 syns is the Ginger cake which inclu8des 25g of stem ginger. Thats the crystallised sugary ginger you get in a jar which is another 3.5 syns for 25g. It's not fresh root ginger (although other people have made the same mistake and just used raw ginger and not complained :D )

5 Scan Bran
2 large carrots, finely grated
3 or 4 tbsp artificial sweetener (or to taste)
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp of ground all-spice (or to taste)
1 tsp cinnamon
25g finely chopped stem ginger
3 eggs, beaten

Muis said:
Not sure how much to use for the recipy? Could it be same amount of weight?

Should think it will be whatever amount your allowed as a Hexb , I think that's 28g but best to check it out !

Should think it will be whatever amount your allowed as a Hexb , I think that's 28g but best to check it out !
I saw the oat bran scan bran at class. It is just like the scan bran, the packet is just beige brown.

Muis said:
I saw the oat bran scan bran at class. It is just like the scan bran, the packet is just beige brown.

Oh sorry I was thinking you meant the plain oat bran ! Dur , sorry blonde moment !!
Let me know how it turns oat. I have just about got the balance right now with the ones I make & they're so lovely , I used mixed spice and it was nicer than lots of ginger which to me gave an unpleasant after taste , but each to his own !

Any oat or scan bran is 5 for a HEXB. And porridge is 35g for a HEXB x

Thought this would be terrible as tried other scan bran cakes and hated them but made it for dessert and had with a bit of custard and it was YUMMY!

Thanks!

Back