TOTM & WEIGH IN RESULTS?!?

Chocoholica

Dear fellow lipotrimmers,

I've noticed that people's losses around their TOTM tend to be significantly lower than other weeks. It's happened to me too - in fact I didn't see the scales move much at all at home.

Does anybody know the actual reason behind this? I was guessing it was due to water retention/eating more but on LT I eat and drink the same everyday. I also thought we lost all our extra water in the first two weeks... So what's going on?!?

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on this as I'm stumped!

Many thanks,

Fi

x

May the slimming force be with us all:D

I honestly don't know because I've only just started it, but I wonder is it always that way or the first month? If it's just the first month I'd say it could be a hormonal thing getting used to the changes in the body? Things like sugar affect hormones so by removing them I'm guessing it causes fluctuations, at least in the first instance?

Just a guess though, I have no facts to back that up :p

I haven't got a clue why it affects weigh ins but to be honest mine haven't been affected by TOTM at all but it was when I did SW. One month I lost 5lbs that week, so what's going on, I don't know!!

Thanks to you both for posting. Maybe some others might see this thread and enlighten us:D

Fi
x

Hiya,

I am one of those awful people who weigh in at home daily..... :(
I only started on Wednesday and really lost in the 1st 2 days as expected.... TOTM since and I havent lost a thing! I am struggling with this but am trying hard to keep on track. Last night I could have killed a glass of wine! Food isnt the issue for me as such but its a bank holday weekend here and my hubby is in the sitting room slurping pints.... would kill to go to the pub!! LOL sound like a real alki now!
I wonder if despite the LT programme, we still naturally retain some water as its natures way of preserving fluid lost through TOTM??

Hi, TOTM is a pain, I make the mistake of weighing every morning, I can't help it, I just need to do it. For 3 days weighed same 67.9 KG, 4th day which was TOTM due weighed 69.1 KG, today now 68.3 KG. I know the right answer is not to weigh myself everyday, especially week before and during TOTM. Take care, it will all come good. Ju x

Please tell me I'll still lose weight its my totm and always used to gain. Sugar I knew something woudnt be good as everythings gone so good so far. :(

the reason for this is that you retain more water then usual when it is totm and minute you have stopped you lose it it works out about a lb in weight you retain when it is that time of the month but everybodys body is different i know i retain more water then the next person. hope this helps a bit?

the reason for this is that you retain more water then usual when it is totm and minute you have stopped you lose it it works out about a lb in weight you retain when it is that time of the month but everybodys body is different i know i retain more water then the next person. hope this helps a bit?

Thanks madhouse - your response definitely answers a few questions ppl seem to be having. Cheers for posting:D

Fi
x

May the slimming force be with us all!

To Theresa, Oops & Kellywobble

Thanks to Theresa and Oops for posting too:thankyou:

To Kellywobble:
Please don't get too stressed about the numbers on the scales esp during your TOTM.
1) It doesn't affect everybody - some people lose as normal, some people lose less than they normally do in that week and then more the following week.
2) You are still losing fat during your TOTM but it may not show to same extent on the scales due to the water retention mentioned by Theresa and Madhouse above. Do not fear as you are really losing weight and this will show up when your TOTM finishes:winner:

All the best to everyone!

Fi

x

Back