TOTM

last7lbstogo!

Just wondering how people find sticking to their points and how much weight they loose during the week of the dreaded TOTM? I have been doing so well this week and now with weigh in looming on Sat morning I think I will be putting on pounds rather than loosing. To be honest normally I would throw the towel in and have a munch as I am feeling so bloated and grumpy but going to persevere with the points as even if I do put on then surely I would have a big loss the following weigh in??? x

I was going to say I always put weight on. That's not true, but I always weigh more temporarily at TOTM. Sometimes as much as around 5lbs.

Lynda

i stick to points i just rethink the treats i have as chocolate is my biggest downfall whilst on, i make sure i have treatsized bars to get me through :)

hmmm cant say TOTM effects my weight, im just more evil than normal at that time

Im currently on at the moment.. mine last 6 days.. every month gr!
I do find i crave sweet things, i tend to snack on the pink and whites 0.5 points. Hasn't affected my weight loss though.

hmmm cant say TOTM effects my weight, im just more evil than normal at that time

Hiya Vicki 2lbs wsnt so bad hey in the end? Heres to week 10 ;)xx

TOTM I have the coil so just have the symptons of totm and I usually put on never sure how much though,as long as you stick 100% to plan and drink extra water the gain will go and if you do gain the following week usually will be a larger loss,remember we are all different and month to month can be different just do as well as you are dont go over your point and drink and you'll be ok ;) xx

I dont even bother going to meeting to get weighed at totm hence no weigh in result this week! And also why I am awake at this ungodly hour! Crippling pains.x

Hmm weird, i seem to feel majorly bloated! and want to eat a lot... but i never do, and by the time i've over and WI looms i lose weight or STS never put on really, i thought you become lighter anyway due to getting rid of the extra water inside of you around this time?

no you hold on to water whilst on your period because the salt conc in ur blood increases and water gets stored int he body so to counter act this effect u need to drink more water.

no you hold on to water whilst on your period because the salt conc in ur blood increases and water gets stored int he body so to counter act this effect u need to drink more water.

Ahhh but then afterwards you get rid of the extra water and that makes you lighter right? lol i know somewhere along the line TOTM doesn't really bother your weight as long as you dont go on a munching binge ! :D

oh yeah it does go after that week. otherwise we'd all be proper fatties lol

oh yeah it does go after that week. otherwise we'd all be proper fatties lol

lmao that's where i've got that from then! My extra water seems to go the last few days though! so by the time WI comes i dont notice any gaining thankfully! :) but i hate feeling bloated! :( anyway round this anyone has found? lol

yeah drinking more water, it returns the osmoraility in your blood back to normal so water passes through you rather than be retained.

yeah drinking more water, it returns the osmoraility in your blood back to normal so water passes through you rather than be retained.

excellent thankyou!! .... on to drinking more water! i swear i can feel it swooshing about in my tum! :D

I never have a compensatory loss the week after TOTM :cry:

The week before TOTM I am starving, to the point were I could eat anything and everything - have always been the same - but am sticking to my points, but just eating comfort food for that week! on the actual week I get really bloated, and generally put on a cpl of lbs...and sadly they don't go the week after... but, I just try to make up for it with good losses in the other weeks! :D

The weigh in after totm is always my biggest loss of the month. I have endometriosis so I am really poorly for a week and not up to eating much plus cos of my tablets I sleep thru most of it... So I am looking forward to getting weighed tomoro!!

Back