TOTM?

enoughisenough

Hi, just a quick question. Has anybody found that their periods have been a bit messed up on this diet? Was expecting mine earlier this week and it still hasn't arrived. I can literally feel myself gaining weight at the moment so hope it'll be here soon. I just know my weigh in tomorrow is going to be baaaadddd :cry:

Anybody else?

Yep, all over the place!
x

and me, didn't come for ages and then when it did ouch!!!

For most, the menstrual cycle is not effected, but some women do experience increased activity and breakthrough bleeding may occur, while others find that their periods stop for a while. Once you reach your target weight and weight loss ceases, the metabolic rate will adjust to a new level appropriate to the new weight and the hormones will settle down and find their own patter again.

I have started on my due week - even though its not here yet. I really hope it doesnt make a diff to weigh in :S

It's my weigh in tomorrow and I have a feeling that it will effect weighloss I'm afraid. Popped on the scales this morning for a quick check and if anything I've gained!! :eek: Oh well, I know I have been good so it'll even out in the end.

mine started in the middle of my pill packet only 1 1/2 - 2weeks after my last one. It lasted 9 days!! grrrr... i am normally around 2 - 3 days.

The annoying thing is that my gp had just managed to get me back to normal after 6 months of tests and scans checking for abnormalities (history of cancer in the family) as my mum has had a partial hysterectomy after they found cancerous cells recently.

I really do hope it settles down soon as with most women i get that bloated horrible feeling on the lead up.

debs x

Great being a woman isn't it!! :rolleyes: Let's hope we all settle down soon. I am retaining soooo much water at the moment, infact I hardly remember going to the loo at all in the past two days but been drinking loads!! Brilliant news for my weigh in - not!! Please let it come soon!!!! :sigh:

Thanks for all your replies xxx

Great being a woman isn't it!! :rolleyes: Let's hope we all settle down soon. I am retaining soooo much water at the moment, infact I hardly remember going to the loo at all in the past two days but been drinking loads!! Brilliant news for my weigh in - not!! Please let it come soon!!!! :sigh:

Thanks for all your replies xxx

While it can be annoying it also has some very good side effects as well as in the case of Cherylxx

It is recommended to take extra precaution if you do not want to become pregnant as a vlcd does seem to increase fertility due to the excess release of estrogen from stored fat into the blood stream caused by rapid weight loss.

See Cherlyxx's post on this link.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/44538-i-feel-like-real-woman-again.html

Thank you for posting that - it's really made me put things in prespective. I had over a year without periods due to stress/weight gain and was also very happy when they finally reappeared! The reason I am doing this diet is because I want children and am worried that my weight is effecting my fertility. Thank you so much for reminding me of my reasons for doing this diet and for stopping me dwelling on a water weight!! :flowers:It'll all come off in the end :)

Back