TOTM

Lou_Lou

Ive been on for over a week and my periods are still going, could this be because of the diet?

Do you think I should contact my doctor?

When i was on ss my monthlies were all over the place, i was bleeding for two weeks sometimes ahving two weeks break and bleeding again, but if you have any worries it might be best to speak to your doctor to put your mind at rest

julesrush

i just had a much longer one than normal. its just CD, im not too worried.

Thanks, I thought it might have been the diet, I will see if it stops by next week, if not I will have to go to the doctors.
I still have bad tummy cramps too.

Hormone levels fluctuate when there are chages in weight - particularly in women. For most, the mesnstrual cycle is not effected, but some women experience increased activity and break-through bleeding may occur. Oters may find that their periods stop for a while. Once target weight is reached and weight loss ceases, the metabolic rate will adjust t a new level appropriate to the new weight, and the hormones will settle down and find their own pattern again. page 139...Questions and Answers. 20th anniversary edition of The Cambridge Diet book.

This upset to the totm is very common but it does settle down.

Hope that helps.

Love Mini xxx

Peppermint tea is very good for that as it is comforting and warm and I feel it does help.:)

great advice as always mini xxxxxx :D

unbelieveable mini. u r like a walking encylopaedia. gonna have to start calling you "britiannica"!

Thanks Mini, I guess there is no need to worry then!

Lol:D

This is what happens when you live long eough you collect all these little bits of information along the way...

Never did I think I would be using them.:rolleyes:

I actually use peppermint tea in my mint chocolate to make it go further...and to give it an extra kick.

Love Mni xx

ps...the google search at the right top of the page also comes in handy at times as you can find the answer to something very quickly without having to change your page or lose your post...:)

cool. will try and beat u to a knowledgable answer for someones thread next time lol.

be quick......! LOL

Thanks Mini, I guess there is no need to worry then!

This seems to be so common on a vlcd along with the hormones running rampant and a high change of getting pregnant as the estrogen is released from the fat into your blood steam as you lose weight so fast.

If you are bleeding heavy and it is continuous there is always the risk of getting low in iron and as julesrush has said if you feel worried yourself it is always best to talk to a doctor and get it checked out to put your mind at rest.

Talk to your CDC about it as well as she would be familiar with this and of course

You can also contact Cambridge
free phone 0800161412.

Love Mini xxx

Back