tough day

greentea

after having a really good couple of weeks ive had a really bad day today, craving all sorts of food, any food! ive tried everything to keep my mind off it but its just not working, now i have to go to a night over at my friends where i know there will be lots of food on the table. think i should just go to bed and wake up next week.
i wont give in
i wont give in
i wont give in
i wont give in

oooh, hang in there girlies - days almost done.

Days like that ARE hard. I remember one day just crying I wanted something so badly. I think I finally went to bed about 4pm to get away from it....and was better the next day.

The obvious - seek distraction. But - that always sounds so cavalier - cause the voices in the head go where you go, no matter what you are doing - but it does indeed help.

Those were the times I would go try on clothes I already owned and seek ones getting loose, and would also try on the smaller ones I bought - that was the best motivator for me throughout this I feel. I worked out a system, and it was my religion for 8 months!! :D

Hang in there girls - you are all doing so so well. It's so worth the pain and suffering. And when you get to the point where all the cravings go away - its heaven - time will just fly for you.

Here's to you all! <raises a glass>

Keep the faith! :)

XXX

Hi greentea don't post much just browse mostly but know how you feel. What we do isn't normal. I've had really bad week, had food and drink. Wen't to La Tasca on Monday for collegue's/friends 50th birthday and made conscious decision to eat because there's no way I'm gonna sit there and not join in or not go because she's my friend. Already feel like an alien! I don't think it's a bad thing sometimes if you have an off day as long you can go back to it the day after. I know there are some people think you shouldn't deviate from the programme but everybody's different as long as know you can back on it I don't think you shouldn't beat youself up about it. I'm on L/L and to be honest I don't get anything from the counselling and feel it's a bit patronising at times. I think we're all treated the same psychologically and that's not the case because we're all different and we don't get chance to talk individually because we have to get through the programme. The best part of the group is the support we give each other while we're all being weighed. After that I don't get anthing from it. I work in clinical psychology and have had therapy myself in the past and found talking about things hard then so don't want to go over things again in a group situation.

Back