1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Tough week 4

Discussion in 'CD Weight Loss Diaries' started by bethcox_, 1 September 2014 Social URL.

1. bethcox_

bethcox_ Well-Known Member

Hey guys, so I'm coming to the end of week 4 and oh gawdd it's been hard! I've been hungry all week, drank too much water and I can't cure it at all. If I'm honest I don't think 3 shakes a day is enough :( I also don't feel as if I've lost any weight this week, which will be ridiculously disheartening. I've done well so far of a loss of 1stone in 3 weeks! Anyone got any tips to get rid of the hunger! Or anyone whose struggling also?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Lizwhite29

Lizwhite29 Well-Known Member

Hi Beth,

Have you looked at SS+? You basically have a small meal, chicken or eggs with a small amount of veg. Would totally recomend it, makes no real difference to your losses and got me through my 12 weeks.

Good luck x

4. bethcox_

I did think about it and mentioned it to my consultant but she thinks once I have food it could be fatal. I'm just worrying about this weigh in, I follow this diet religiously

5. Lizwhite29

I think it's better to have ss+ meals than cave and eat bad stuff. When's your weigh in?

Total loss on cambridge - 3 stone 5lb :)

6. bethcox_

Weigh ins Wednesday, if I'm honest I might leave cambridge and go to weight watchers. It's cheaper and I can have food. Maybe I'm just having a bad week :(

7. Lizwhite29

I had all these thoughts too. How much have you got left to lose?

8. bethcox_

I've got another 4stone to shift til goal weight, but I'm I'm aiming for 3 stone in 3 months and take it from there. How long have you been doing it for? And how much have you got left to loose? I'm feeling a bit more positive today, yesterday was the worst.. I cooked my partner steak & chips and that's when I went in to melt down, I had my shake and got on with the evening

9. Tifffel

Tifffel Well-Known Member

Hi

I don't see how your consultant can say not to do Step 2 (3 packets and a meal) ... if you are struggling so much that you are thinking of switching to WW then you would be better off doing Step 2 surely?? I think you would lose faster on this, if that's what you are aiming to do?

x

10. bethcox_

I just feel I'm gonna loose more on ss had such a better day today

11. Lizwhite29

I done 12 weeks ss then had 3 months maintaining and now back on low carbing and exercise with a PT been doing this for 6 weeks and lost another 10lb. I have 3lb left to lose for my target but may lose a bit more as not ready to stop losing yet. Never thought I'd get this low to be honest. Crazy how quick it's gone.

12. bethcox_

Aw well done :) I'm feeling positive once again this morning, maybe it's cos weigh ins tonight although very anxious for it ha!

13. Lizwhite29

Good luck hun. Let me know how you get in. X

Total loss - 3 stone 6lb :)

14. shelley182

shelley182 Active Member

I had all these thoughts when I first did Cambridge but I knew that Slimming World or Weight Watchers wouldn't work for me. My issue was that having 3 stone to lose was so daunting and losing 1lb a week with one of those just made my goal seem so far away and I would just give up within a couple of weeks. Saying that I think they are both great plans and I will be looking at one of them to maintain/lose my last couple of pounds.

Good luck for your weigh in!

xxx

15. bethcox_

I lost 4lbs tonight, & 1.5 inches off my waist hips and bust! I'm so happy about it after having a awful no hope week! Proves I can stick to it :)
    Total loss of 18lbs in 3 weeks :D

16. Lizwhite29

Well done hun. How much do you have to lose now? X

17. bethcox_

To get to my first 3 stone goal I've got to loose 1st 10lbs. This is my first month completed :) bring on the next two ha x

18. Lizwhite29

You'll deffo find the 2nd month easier. The 3rd was the worst for me as I had 2 stay the same weeks even though I was 100% so started to get the voices telling me I should eat more and go to slimming world etc lol.

19. bethcox_

Oh no, well done for sticking it out though I think if I had two weeks like that I'd give up! Just had a peanut bar for dinner.. Not the best but its all trial and error atm :)

20. pbrown73

pbrown73 Member

Well done you I'm really struggling to I lost 11Ibs first week stayed the same this week which I'm actually pleased about went away the weekend to the seaside had fish n chips etc got back on it lovely on Monday then I go and blow it today as I had company forgot to have my midday shake not enough water by 4 I was starving went and got a McDonald's feel a right failure :( sooty for the long story x

21. bethcox_

Don't worry, we all have our days where it gets bad! Just try and get back on it. The only way I drink enough water is to have a litre bottle with me and fill it up constantly. It's gonna be hard again for your first 4 days gettingg back in to ketosis.. Keep that goal in mind! You'll be okay :) sometimes it's best to have your shakes later, with my job sometimes I don't have "lunch" until 4 then "dinner" at 8. What's your target? X