Tough work out on TFR?...

SammyE

Silver Member
Im considering trying the 30 day shred work out... its meant to be pretty tough, would I need to add an extra meal?

I dont think it would be at all advisable on a VLCD. Exante say 20 mins of exercise but I dont know that they mean to that extent. That seems quite a hardcore exercise plan and Im not sure it would be wise when youre only having such a low number of calories. Some people are burning over 300 cals a session :eek:

For something like that you might be better contacting Exante for advice

Last edited:
Yeah thats kinda what I was thinking, have just emailed Exante.

Let me know how the shred goes. I have the DVD and have watched it.............................................:eek:

xxx

I did this workout last time I was on Exante, but I was doing working solution. I wouldn't do it on total though. There was a recent case where a young woman on a vlcd was also doing heavy exercise. She died from heart failure due to low potassium levels (exercising uses up potassium which is vital for normal heart function). I would like to get back into exercising but I'm going to wait until I move up to the plans. I walk for at least 20min per day.

I train hard - 2-3 x 1hr sessions a day. I'm just getting back in the swing, but I have 4 packs a day, half a shake either side of each workout, plus use vanilla through the day in coffee. I feel fine on it, but am used to hard exercise and know my body well enough to know when to stop. If you are not used to hard exercise take it easy, start gently and listen to your body.

Thanks everyone.

Im currently walking for about an hour a day but Im worried about loose skin so want something which will tone me up as Im losing weight.

Have e-mailed Exante so lets see what they come back with but I was a bit concerned with doing something which will burn around 300cals when Im only eating 600...

300 isn't a huge amount for a workout, I regularly run 6miles+ and the rule of thumb is 100cal/mile. See what Exante say, and listen to your body, but I wouldn't personally worry - except to think I'd want to do it twice, lol!!!

Well thats level 1 and there are 3 levels, each level lasts 30mins but your only meant to do 1 level at a time if that makes sense?

mudbabe said:
300 isn't a huge amount for a workout, I regularly run 6miles+ and the rule of thumb is 100cal/mile. See what Exante say, and listen to your body, but I wouldn't personally worry - except to think I'd want to do it twice, lol!!!

300 cals isn't massive for a work out but is it healthy to burn that amount of calories when your daily intake is only 600??

I think there are just so many variables. I have only a few stone to lose, so my BMR plus 600 exercise cals could be similar to someone with far more to lose without exercise cals. I know I feel okay doing hard exercise on 800cal a day - I didn't on 600 and I didn't on my course when I was doing 8-10hrs a day exercise (upto 8hrs of aerobics, plus 2hrs walking at my usual 4mph). I'm not trying to say what is definately okay for anyone else - as i suggested, see what Exante say and listen to your body - but personally for me 300 exercise cals is neither here nor there because I am used to far more than that.

Back